Anti-War? Maybe there IS something you can do....

by dubla 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

dubla

i cant open the link you attached

Do you mean the saddam book link? I have no problem getting in. The problem isn't w the site. It must be your filtering/security software.

im sure youd agree that not every nation should have detailed information on how to construct a nuclear program, or a chemical weapons program, etc....wouldnt you?

Agreed.

that report included detailed accounts of how and where they attained the chemical and biological agents needed for their weapons,

Ok, but since the us govt was cosy w saddam for yrs, supplying much of the chemicals, expertise, and was mute while he gassed iranians and curds, it would also embarrass the us and britain.

they were empty warheads......

You mean empty missiles w bird crap build up on them? What is a warhead without a warhead?

if you were being sarcastic, then what would the purpose of his actions be (giving his people a false sense of what they are facing)? is this course "logical"?

He wouldn't be the first politician to have lied to his people. Politicians are very good at survival. The better they are at it, the higher they are able to crawl up the heap. Prevaricating is just one of many strategies they use they use even when their circumstances aren't as dire as are saddam's. Yes, i think it shows logic, though, i could never be a politician.

Remember as well, that saddam seems to be cultivating european support from countries like russia. Controlling opinion in his home front is only one tactic in multiple maneuvres. What w all of this, he may actually think he can survive this thing. He certainly won't give up without fighting on all levels to his last breath.

SS

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

Do you mean the saddam book link? I have no problem getting in. The problem isn't w the site. It must be your filtering/security software.

is that what it was? yeah, must be my software here.

Ok, but since the us govt was cosy w saddam for yrs, supplying much of the chemicals, expertise, and was mute while he gassed iranians and curds, it would also embarrass the us and britain.

i have a hard time believing that saving embarrassment was a motive for censoring, but okay.

You mean empty missiles w bird crap build up on them? What is a warhead without a warhead?

no, not just plain old empty missiles. these were chemical warheads, and their only use would be to deliver chemical agents, such as mustard gas. they were found in excellent condition (meaning they werent simply collecting dust for 20 years), and they wouldnt sit filled anyhow, as posters on this site have pointed out. the warheads would be filled prior to deployment, as once they are filled there is a limited amount of time to make an effective strike with the chemical agents. i believe iraq still claims they were declared in the report, and every expert that has studied the report says otherwise. link>>> http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200301/18/eng20030118_110376.shtml

He wouldn't be the first politician to have lied to his people. Politicians are very good at survival.

well, personally, i dont think he was lying....i think he actually believes he can win, as hes already shown himself to be a madman. but, as far as the other side of it goes, im not sure how this particular "lie" will help him survive. i dont think his army could possibly be so naive as to believe they have a chance, especially after the last go round.....i forsee many more surrenders.

What w all of this, he may actually think he can survive this thing.

im sure he does.....he has said so himself.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus
    i dont think his army could possibly be so naive as to believe they have a chance, especially after the last go round.....i forsee many more surrenders.

Yes, i think his army will surrender very quickly, after being hit by hundreds of missiles and nuclear bunker busters, over a 2 day period. The land forces probably have some new tech toys to try out on iraqi soldiers: micro wave weapons, infrasonics (it will make 'em literally crap their pants), depleted uranium (nuclear waste) shells and bullets, air fuel bombs, and who knows what else.

However, at this moment, it wouldn't surprise me if the average joeraqi is determined the he will resist when he sees foriegners w guns running across his property. Who wouldn't?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit