Anti-War? Maybe there IS something you can do....

by dubla 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

hmmm i am not convinced of that.

well, youre entitled to your opinion. youre not convinced of it, and much of the world is.

and if you look at the situation...what exactly did he loose in the kuwait war? nothing really. he was right after all...he is still in power. 12 years after the war!

not for a lack of trying. he knew he was putting himself in danger of being killed when he didnt pull out. and yes, luckily enough for him, he survived our bombings of his palaces.

hmmm its seems he has. the inspectors didn't find anything

you are so naive, its hard for me to even comprehend. saying the inspectors didnt find anything, after 2 months, is proof of nothing (which, they have found undeclared components, just not a "smoking gun"). they are searching for a needle in a haystack, and dealing with someone whos had years to perfect hiding what hes got. they could be over there for a year and not find anything, and it would prove nothing. unfortunately, i fear you will get the wake up call at the worst possible time, when he uses one of these weapons on our soldiers. lets pray that doesnt happen.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

just wondering if these comments from saddam proves further how "sane" and "logical" he is.

[quote]Saddam believes that if it comes to war, Iraq will have to “absorb a tremendous first and maybe second punch from the United States and its allies” but his country will be able to withstand that punch and emerge undefeated, Rather said, adding that Saddam did not accept that he lost the 1991 Gulf war.
    [/quote]

he is so sane that he doesnt even believe he lost the gulf war, and now believes he will defeat the u.s. and its allies in a new war, if need be. still just blowing smoke for his followers im sure, right?

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dubla

Saddam checked w the american ambassador glaspie siezing kuwait. She told him, to the affect that 'we have no interests there'. A few days later, after having asked permission by the american govt and getting it, he followed through. The american govt (bush one), however, didn't follow through on it's word. Who acted logically?

SS

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

ah, the bait and switch. first off, when did i say that invading kuwait was illogical? re-read my last post and tell me how saddams most recent comments prove how sane and logical he is.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

dubla

Saddam going on like that is just a little propaganda war. Both sides are doing that.

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

[quote]Both sides are doing that.[/quote]

both sides are doing what? i quoted a statement from saddam, where he said he not only didnt lose the last war, but he would win the new one, if need be. so, the u.s. is also saying they lost the last war, and will lose this one? saddam is insane, and obviously delusional if he thinks he won the gulf war, and will prevail again......thats all i was pointing out.

aa

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well It looks like my Prediction of March 15 is a good one. The resolution gives Saddam 2 weeks, so that and a couple days of last ditched diplomacy and we get the 15th of March!!! Whoo hooo, what do I win?????

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dubla

both sides are doing what?
    propaganda war

Saddam's statements are propaganda. Should i say it again? Propaganda has been used by colin powell as well. I'm sure you wouldn't call him dillusional.

SS

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

Propaganda has been used by colin powell as well. I'm sure you wouldn't call him dillusional.

depends. if colin powell told the public that he believes we in fact lost the gulf war, contrary to the facts, then yeah, id have to go ahead and label him delusional.

so, what you are saying is that saddam doesnt actually believe what he says? well, kudos on your new career in mind-reading then....and good luck.

my take on it: if charles manson says something that sounds insane, im going to guess that he actually believes it.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

A check on saddam's history shows that his moves are calculated, and effective. Take for instance his switch to the euro after gulf war one. That was a war type strategy that threatened, and continues to threaten the hegemony of the american dollar, which has been the de facto world currency. If other oil producing countries in the middle east followed suite, that would be a huge economic blow to the US. It would also help trade between middle eastern countries and europe, thus to an extent, pushing out american influence.

Based on moves such as this, and internal improvements saddam made in his country previous to gulf war one, i think he is in touch w reality. What you call delusional statements may be for the benefit of iraqis. After all, he has their control to think about as well.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit