Anti-War? Maybe there IS something you can do....

by dubla 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

internal improvements saddam made in his country

if by improvements you mean population control, then yes, id agree he has made significant improvements.

What you call delusional statements may be for the benefit of iraqis.

yes, i can see where giving your own people a false sense of what they are about to face could be a great benefit to them. i guess, the more iraqis he convinces that they have a chance in war, the higher number of iraqi soldiers will actually fight in vain to their death rather than surrendering, therefore upping the death count of his own people. great benefits.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dubla

Then, of course, there was the 12000 page report that saddam released to the un. Funnily enough, the us sensored thousands of pages (9000, if i remember right, leaving 3000) before it allowed the un to release it to us allies.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kind of a funny thing for a freedom loving group like the bushistas to do, isn't it?

• dubla
    dubla

saintbaitandswitch-

huh? what does that have to do with the price of beans?

so, i comeback with a retort to your specific comments, and you come back with a whole new topic? if you want to discuss the very real and logical reasons the report was censored, we can do that....but it certainly has nothing to do with saddams sanity or his reasons for making his own people believe they can win a war that he knows (according to you) they cannot win.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

His releasing the report for the world to see, bears on his sanity. He's willing to let out a lot of information about weapons, what he claims to have, where they came from, and probably a lot of other interesting stuff related to that. This stuff could be openly contested by all who chose to. I really doubt a person who had lost touch w reality would be so open about his situation. Did the us sensor it because saddam or the report was delusional, full of drivel? I think not.

Some improvements saddam did to iraq: iradicating illiteracy in 3 yrs, making sure women got educated, encouraging women into good jobs. You can read more in this book:

http://www.rfausa.com/Nita/nita.html

SS who is not a saddam fan

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

His releasing the report for the world to see, bears on his sanity.

um, okay....you are obviously confused here. the weapons declaration was required by the u.n. it was one part of the resolution that saddam actually complied with, (although most experts believe the report is grossly lacking). your comment is the equivalent of saying, "saddam letting weapons inspectors back into his country bears on his sanity." no, it just shows that hes willing to comply as much as he has to in order to delay action against him.

He's willing to let out a lot of information about weapons, what he claims to have, where they came from, and probably a lot of other interesting stuff related to that.

again....he was required to do this.......you make is sound as if he did it out of the goodness of his heart.

This stuff could be openly contested by all who chose to.

it is in fact being openly contested.

I really doubt a person who had lost touch w reality would be so open about his situation.

i agree......i doubt hes being open about it either....i think the declaration is probably a joke. the inspectors have already found weapons that were absent from his report......perhaps 12,000 pages simply wasnt enough to include those warheads? who knows..........

Did the us sensor it because saddam or the report was delusional, full of drivel? I think not.

no, the u.s. censored it for safety reasons.....so that weapons information doesnt get into the wrong hands. the report was given to some countries in tact, uncensored, dont forget.

btw, youve yet to explain how sending his people to the slaughter all the while convincing them they can win a war he knows (according to you) they cannot possibly win is a "benefit".?. id be interested to know why you feel this way. gtg......ill check back tomorrow.

aa

• Satanus
    Satanus

dubla

I used 'benefit' in a satirical way.

the u.s. censored it for safety reasons.....so that weapons information doesnt get into the wrong hands

The report was recieved from the un by the other permanent members of the un. Nonpermanent members, allies of the us were given the censored version, censored of course, for their 'benefit'.

See you tomorrow.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

dubla

the weapons declaration was required by the u.n.

Actually, i missed or forgot that.

the inspectors have already found weapons that were absent from his report

Weapons of mass destruction? Are there more details?

SS

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

I used 'benefit' in a satirical way.

well, if you were being sarcastic, then what would the purpose of his actions be (giving his people a false sense of what they are facing)? is this course "logical"?

The report was recieved from the un by the other permanent members of the un. Nonpermanent members, allies of the us were given the censored version, censored of course, for their 'benefit'.

well, actually censored for the worlds benefit. im sure youd agree that not every nation should have detailed information on how to construct a nuclear program, or a chemical weapons program, etc....wouldnt you? that report included detailed accounts of how and where they attained the chemical and biological agents needed for their weapons, and the exact process of creating these weapons. surely not information for all eyes.

Weapons of mass destruction? Are there more details?

they were empty warheads......weapons that would be filled with mustard gas prior to deployment. the fact that they were empty has a lot of saddam apologists crying "no big deal", but in reality those weapons were required to be declared on the report. it was one small lie they were caught in, and im sure many more are waiting to be discovered.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

saint-

p.s. i cant open the link you attached to my handle, fyi......restricted website.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit