Were You Part Of a Divided Household?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you treated differently? Were you shown more compassion?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I can tell you it was one big f*cking looney bin of a nasty experience where there was no compassion involved.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Yes, yes and No.

I was the only JW in the family. Yes I was treated differently. Mainly as some kind of 'untermensch'(sp) We were rarely invited to any 'do's' other than ones where everyone was there.And on more than one occasion my husband had to listen to bad-mouthing of 'people in the world'. He knew what they meant.This was one of the last nails in the coffin for me.

Hypocrites.

• manon
    manon

A divided household from begining to end. And being a jw didn't help in any way.

Manon

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My Household was once divided, and no, the weren't compassionate at all. Once they figured out I had their number and wouldn't be doing any biblestudies or converting, all interest was lost not only in me, but in helping my family in any way.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Was, still am. It's funny dealing with my witness family members, it's almost like being on the outside looking in. I retain closer ties with family members who aren't "in the truth".

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Minimus,

I Still am.

Were you treated differently?

I Still am.

Were you shown more compassion?

No.

Minimus, you ask lots of questions about how we feel about certain subjects regarding the JW religion. Why do you do this?

Question after question after question! Then, often you never conclude!

May I ask you, "Minimus" what is the purpose of all these probing questions to find out how we all feel?

BTW, Please do not ignore this in the same way you ignored my last (polite) request pertaining to this.

If you do, you will be regarded as a TROLL!

Spanner

: Were You Part Of a Divided Household?

: Were You Part Of a Divided Household?: Were You Part Of a Divided Household?: Were You Part Of a Divided Household?

• minimus
    minimus

Spanner, I've answered this type of question before. Why do I ask questions??? Because I like to. Because a person asks questions, they're a troll? Why? A real troll would do a lot more than ask questions, imo. Thanks for politely asking , though.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Yes I was. Mom was one, Dad was not. Me and my sibs were treated differently, and there was very little, if any true "compassion." If it weren't for my Dad not being one, I don't know if I ever would have had the courage to leave. So it was really a good thing I was from a divided household, not a bad thing.
    Shoshana

• minimus
    minimus

Were you able to do things other JW's couldn't do because your parent was an unbeliever? I know some kids that have the best end of both worlds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit