incident going on in central london

by Ruby456 82 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

And it's not just a religion. A "Muslim" that passively identifies as one like many catholics and even jws is one thing. Islamists are a entire life permeating religious-political ideology that is well beyond just a religion and goes against all western values.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Yes it must be Babylon the great - she needs to go doesn,t she?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    bloodthirsty Jihadists do not get to dictate UK foreign policy. Most sensible people agree with this.

I suppose it comes down to your definition of sensible. I choose to believe that most people are decent and want only a better life for themselves and their children. My experiences with all types (including Muslims), is that they're glad to be here, and their kids are normal children who will grow up to be Americans, and productive citizens. I find their cultures to be interesting, and I enjoy learning about them.

There are murderers in every culture, you can't weed them all out. You can't arrest every citizen and deport them when they show signs of potential violence. If you choose to believe that Islam is the greatest danger to the world as we know it, I'm not going to change your minds. I have faith that my country will continue as it always has, absorbing those who are different, and benefiting from it.

I accept the risk of terrorism as I accept that I may die in a car crash. I have no control over it, and don't propose to ban cars because I might be killed by one.

Every day in the United States there are terrible acts of violence and cruelty by White Christians, but I don't obsess about the danger from my neighbors.

This last month, I watched documentaries on PBS about the Civil Rights movement, and saw the hatred and prejudice that existed in our society. It made me sad, because I'd thought that we'd made great strides in accepting each other. It turns out that with some it was just a veneer that easily rubbed off when hate was made acceptable again.

You can sneer at my attitude all you want. I know the dangers in this world and plan on enjoying its diversity with all the risks that entails.

Nothing you say will make me change my mind, just as I won't change yours.

This will be my last post on this particular subject, I'm tired of wasting my time and yours.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I find it the epitome of comical that many of you give Islam the benefit of the doubt you won't give to other groups you would deem pure "evil" but don't even come close to the wretched human rights offending beliefs of Islam

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Perhaps this is less about religion and more about the consequence of foreign policy.

ughh. more delusion.

You know, if you don't know what is driving jihadism, there is a great article on the ISIS newsletter, called "why we hate you and why we fight you" (google that), please go read that so you can hear from ISIS itself the reasons why they hate you...and me.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

redvi2000

why should we take their word for why they are fighting us - it is propaganda designed to recruit by means of placing their aims on a higher plane, and this is what has been drawing young idealistic ones to their sides. they are using religious and other symbols to motivate themselves and others. btw I have never said that ISIS has nothing to with religion as it is patently obvious that they are using religion very much as propaganda and to motivate while not living up to its other aims - peace, love and justice etc. we all know this from our own lives don't we?

yup my last post on this subject too. I'll only come back if a hate fest ensues otherwise best wishes to you all

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Apparently, Khalid Masood was born Adrian Elms and converted to Islam whilst serving a prison sentence.

So, the only thing connecting him with UK foreign policies in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc. definitely was his religion.

why should we take their word for why they are fighting us - it is propaganda - yes, they use their reasons why they fight us as propaganda to attract more supporters/fighters. They often tell us why they do what they do but it seems that people like you would rather not know.

The authorities need to look into what kind of Islam is being taught in prison.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's probably based on the Qur'an lol

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Many of you are hypocrites. I will explain why.

Lets change the scenario, a Trump (or insert other hated political figure) supporter got in his car and mowed down a crowd outside a mosque, you would all quickly jump on the bandwagon to blame Trump, or Republicans and their hate mongering for this senseless act of violence, even though none of them have ever promoted anything like this! you will say "it's all their fault".

Islam DOES say to do what just happened in the UK, there is no mistake about it, it's fact. But when someone does it, you will say let's not make it a religious issue... don't blame Islam... its the bombing in the middle east.. excuses excuses excuses.

You are sheep if you think this way. You will condemn lesser evils so quickly because to be critical of Islam in your mind means in some bizarre way you support Trump? Is that what it is? You can't separate one from the other? Your trendy virtue signaling is so transparent.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
    “Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even if they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29
    “When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way free.” 9:5
    “They ask you about fighting during the sacred months. Tell them, fighting therein is a great sin but a greater sin is to prevent mankind from following the way of Allah, to disbelieve in him.” 2:217
    “Kill them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out. Persecution is worse than slaughter.” 2:191
    “When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.” 47:4
    “Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” 9:123
    “Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. Those who follow Him are merciful to one another but harsh to the disbeliever.” 48:29
    “They wish that you would reject faith as they have rejected faith unless that you would all be equal. So, don’t take protectors from them unless they emigrate in the way of Allah but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them.” 4:89
  • LoveUniHateExams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit