incident going on in central london

by Ruby456 82 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

luhe: I think it is tricky to take away citizenship to people who were born British citizens but I don't know the specifics...

I think a better solution is to pass a law that when you fight for something like ISIS, you are making yourself guilty of the crimes committed by ISIS as well as treason against the UK. in my country, you are legally under the same rules regardless which side you are fighting on in Syria and I think that is insane. going to fight for ISIS should be a 10 year+ stint in prison.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why would it be tricky to strip British-born Jihadis of their citizenship?

The ones who are on camera burning their own passports in Syria should be immediately stripped of citizenship, a consequence of their own actions.

• bohm
    bohm
    Why would it be tricky to strip British-born Jihadis of their citizenship?

I just said I don't know the specifics. If you are interested in this topic, why not try google? I mean, it is your countries laws after all right?

In many countries, mine included, removing citizenship for people born citizens of a given country is very difficult, whereas putting them in jail is relatively easy.

I don't want to derail this topic out of respect of the victims so I will bow out of this discussion.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well, I think that if something good (such as making changes to the law) can come out of today's terrible events, then the deaths and injuries of those innocent people won't be in vain.

The British public are, generally speaking, a tolerant bunch but their capacity for absorbing and tolerating jihadi loons isn't infinite.

British law should be changed to stop jihadis returning.

The internal threat obviously needs to be dealt with better, too.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think it is tricky to take away citizenship to people who were born British citizens but I don't know the specifics...

Have a trial then execute them. Problem solved.

Or just don't let them back in, they wanted to go to Syria ... let them stay there.

• waton
    waton

traitors should be considered to have renounced their rights as citizens and to life. The attacker achieved a 4:1 kill ratio, satisfied?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

LUHE,

The american born ( muslim, legal immigrant parents) perpetrator of the attacks in TN had just been to Syria, twice, before he attacked. Traveling to Syria and his Facebook page showed signs of extremism. Yet this young man grew up here, He went to school with my own kids friends, He lived in the same neighborhood as my daughter .( It was surreal, and frightening as he;l to hear my daughter's street address reported on national news on my car radio, as being surrounded by SWAT teams) Unless people traveling to the countries on the danger list for extremism training are detained, or denied entrance until they can be considered safe ( How do you do that? I don't know. Just this young mans facebook page combined with his trips could have been enough to not allow him back in the US. ) Then this type of threat/dangerous person is freely allowed to re-enter.

This is the type of person who does need to be kept out of the borders of the US ( and from the UK, out of those borders) The signs were there in the months before the horrid jihadist terrorist attack

• smiddy
    smiddy

The west is too soft and eventually it will be their downfall maybe not in my time but certainly in my sons time.

The Wests refusal to identify Islam as a threat to democracy will be their undoing.

And by bringing these people into their country`s (western nations) by the thousands is a time bomb waiting to explode in the future.

They are a fifth column movement biding their time to overthrow democracy in favour of a caliphate system.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Just thought I'd check in and see how the Islamic hate fest is going.

About as I expected. Bye for now.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Spoletta, way to generalize and bait, ugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit