incident going on in central london

by Ruby456 82 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Christians acknowledge that the Old Testament has practices that are way out of touch with todays norm.

And the Old Testaments punishments for sins and crimes are not applicable in todays society .

And the New Testament has put all the old testament behind it.

In Christianity no stonings ,no cutting off a limb and more barbaric acts ,etc.etc. that was practiced in the Old Testament .

In contrast :With Islam , the Muslim religion they still practice these barbaric acts with the blessing of the populace and Immans and whoever .Such as genital mutillation against young girls .

And it is only Muslims , people of Islam that are carrying out these attacks on western society.Nobody else.does.

Islam is still living in the day of centuries ago of Mahomedan with their barbaric practices and still applying them to our 21st century .

Islam and Muslims need to be forcibly brought into the 21st century and confront reality .

Though I wont hold my breath over that one.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

murdered police officer - Keith Palmer - unarmed, stabbed several times. At first we thought he would make it. terrible tragedy. He was a family man and had served the police force for 15 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/victims-london-terror-attack-murdered-police-officer-named-keith/

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

It's a terrible loss for the families of the victims. There is no ideology that can justify this type of senseless murder and I condemn anyone who willingly participates in it. No tears for such an individual.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

spoletta - none whatsoever

apparently a school teacher also lost her life in the carnage. And there were so many school sponsored activities centered around the historic monuments in the area. Some of the injured are youngsters who were on day trips to the capital. The terrorist made specifically for them in his massive 4x4. One poor woman got knocked into the river.

edit: we have been expecting this for a while. the police have been fantastic as they have thwarted quite a few attacks. but still when it happens it is truly devastating and horrible

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I actually think the security forces have been very successful in preventing this type of tragedy, but short of being prescient, they haven't the resources to be 100% effective. We can just be thankful he didn't have a gun or things might have been much worse.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

yes thats what I was thinking too spoletta. but is very worrying that they are using vehicles in this way.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Smiddy:

Consider this: the New Testament writings precede the Quran by 400-500 years.

Christianity is a direct development from OT judaism, whereas Islam is (albeit borrowing some elements from judaism and early Christianity) a new religion from its inception. Its writings reflect the somewhat barbaric society (by our western civilization standards, to which I subscribe) where they originated from. Islam is a problem because nothing within Islam with sufficient authority has superceeded yet those original writings.

• zeb
    zeb

... never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few..

Vale, PC Palmer.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Not quite correct Simon!

London attack: British-born attacker 'known to MI5'

In a statement to the Commons, Theresa May said he had been investigated some years ago over violent extremism but had been a "peripheral figure".

• cofty
    cofty

ISIS have claimed responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit