incident going on in central london

by Ruby456 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

It's insidious - even the news reporting an attack somehow has to treat everyone as though they are somehow equivalent, so they say "four dead, including the attacker" instead of "three people killed and a rabid animal put down at the scene".

Everyone isn't the same - our society and civilization is simply better than theirs but the liberal democracies that I think too many people take for granted won't survive without being protected and defended against those who seek to destroy them.

• bohm
    bohm

This is awful. Being shot was too good for this bastard.

Only good thing is that this attack shows the Jihadis in the west are not organized enough to equip a lunatic like this with a carbomb or even an automatic weapon, or those who are are under to close surveillance by the British intelligence services.

I guess the next big test will be what happens when the remaining terrorists of ISIS flee the caliphate as they are better trained. hopefully they are also easier to identify.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Car is still a pretty deadly weapon, so is a plane, bigger car and a bigger crowd things could have been much worse. The Nice attack didn't involve a gun or bomb and managed to kill 86 people and injure 434.

Contrast that with the heavily armed San Bernadino attackers who killed 14 and wounded 22.

I don't think there is ever a correlation on the method. The degrees of carnage always vary depending on all factors of the attack.

it just needs to stop, reading some of the things this asshole was involved in and said I have no clue how the hell he was walking around London. wtf?

• Hecce
    Hecce

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of ...

www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › Home News
    Sep 22, 2016 - Sadiq Khan has ordered a review of London's strategy for coping with multiple terror attacks Getty Images. Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city” and encouraged Londoners to be vigilant to combat dangers.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are "part and parcel of living in a big city" - this sounds an awful lot like 'terrorism must be accepted as the new normal'. I hope attitudes like this don't become part of the problem.

I, and I assume the majority of Londoners along with me, don't accept terrorism as the new normal.

Apparently, this porcine waste of space had been in prison before for something connected to terrorism, and was then deemed no risk to society. The authorities made a mistake.

The authorities need to learn from this - terrorism offences should carry much longer sentences for starters.

Evaluating prisoners prior to release must be of the highest possible standard, and public safety must be top priority.

What are the imams teaching Muslim inmates in prison? Maybe radicalisation in prisons also needs investigating.

• Simon
    Simon
    Only good thing is that this attack shows the Jihadis in the west are not organized enough to equip a lunatic like this with a carbomb or even an automatic weapon, or those who are are under to close surveillance by the British intelligence services.

The mistake you are making is to take "no massive attack ... yet" as being evidence that "there can be no massive attack ... ever".

Kind of like thinking on 9/10 that there could be no massive Islam-inspired attack against the US.

How long do we have to wait before they do actually manage to get a WMD into a massive population centre?

Should we wait for that to happen or should we be kicking doors in rather than trying to just keep tabs on them all. At some point, the current plan will fail and they will succeed. We shouldn't be so passive, we should be more proactive. Dump these people in the countries that have the rules they profess to want.

I don't agree with Muslim Mayor of London that "oh well, you just have to accept it".

• bohm
    bohm

Simon:

The mistake you are making is to take "no massive attack ... yet" as being evidence that "there can be no massive attack ... ever".

Well, I believe no such thing.

Please! You have called me out for reading things into your posts, now you are doing that to me.

Obviously this shows how important it is to place extra surveillance on more competent Jihadis such as those who will be returning to the UK after the Islamic state finally fails as they have real weapons training and know how to make bombs.

I don't agree with Muslim Mayor of London that "oh well, you just have to accept it".

I only think that is true in the same sense we have to accept pedophilia.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Obviously this shows how important it is to place extra surveillance on more competent Jihadis such as those who will be returning to the UK after the Islamic state finally fails (emphasis mine) - these subhuman scum shouldn't be allowed back into the UK.

That's the point of border control, to keep dangerous people outside the UK.

• bohm
    bohm
    That's the point of border control, to keep dangerous people outside the UK.

That is true.

And the point of intelligence services/police is to investigate and keep track of UK citizens traveling on legal UK papers who are returning from the battlefield abroad.

We can now keep explaining the obvious to each other...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

British-born Jihadis should have no right to return to the UK.

UK law must be quickly changed, where necessary, to prevent these from returning.

The intelligence services/police already have their hands full with the internal terrorist threat.

Their workload should not be increased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit