incident going on in central london

by Ruby456 82 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Don't be silly Cofty, the powers that be will still try to say there was no affiliation lol . That's what they do in America anyway.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    ISIS have claimed responsibility.

As if they would try to distance themselves from this horrible act?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I find something interesting, I see a lot of messages saying things like "we are defiant". And a lot of inspirational quotes about being unaffected by this sort of thing. Is this starting to become a joke? Do you think ISIS or any brain damaged islamists is saying

"rats, it didn't work, look they are sharing inspiring quotes that they don't care"

And what the hell are you defiant against? Hateful scumbags in your own country? It's your god damn country, not theirs. I get the spirit of it, but it sounds silly. "Defiant".

I don't know, just struck me. This whole watch me go about my day unaffected mentality I don't think is sticking it to the terrorists the way people on twitter and the so on think it is.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I actually think the security forces have been very successful in preventing this type of tragedy, but short of being prescient, they haven't the resources to be 100% effective (emphasis mine) - this is an excellent argument for not letting British-born jihadis return to my country - well done, Spoletta!

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    I don't know, just struck me. This whole watch me go about my day unaffected mentality I don't think is sticking it to the terrorists the way people on twitter and the so on think it is.

I respectfully disagree.The whole intent of terrorism (hence the name), is to instill fear. Allowing these acts to paralyze our daily lives is exactly what groups like ISIS are trying to do.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The whole intent of terrorism (hence the name), is to instill fear

Well perhaps in a general sense. But the ultimate goal of jihadists is not to instill fear, it is simply world domination, as prescribed by their shit religion.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's not about fear, it's about getting pissed off. I think many people are not paralyzed cowering in their homes, but they need to get f-cking pissed off! This crap in Europe is getting more frequent and dare I say normal. GET MAD.

Sadiq Kahn suggesting terrorist attacks are “part and parcel” of living in a big city is normalizing it. Don't be afraid, be mad. It's our new PC culture that is allowing this to spread.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

of course Sadiq khan isn't normalising it - though he is contextualising it. Any rich and powerful city in any period of time has enemies who know how, where and when to strike. you are just looking for a fight FMF. the worst thing people can do now is to get angry at the wrong people and there are plenty of such people around. so don't kid yourself FMF.

• freemindfade
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

They now have the name of the actual London attacker, Khalid Masood. I already saw one headline that said he was "seduced" by ISIS. Kind of makes him sound like a victim doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit