Who watched the Jackson Interview ?

by Xandria 39 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

I just watched 20/20 and Prime Time . The film showed a very disturbed jackson, one not fit to raise his children. Briefly in prime time they mentioned that b/c he was raised a a jws perhaps he thught of sex as suffering. I imagine he is bipolar. He certainly should be evaluated and his children protected. As far as him having other children over for sleep overs, I think he may be innocent of wrongdoing, just guilty of living in a strange made up world of his own. What i saw was a very disturbed man, acting and reacting like a child. It will tke a team of psychiatrists to figure out what is entirely wrong here.

Also, one note, he did say at times his brothers brought girls to their rooms and would havve sex with them while he lay there. that had to have some effect on him.

And he believes he will live forever. another jw crack up, except this one is widely known.

• wednesday
    wednesday

edited b/c the gremlins are at play tonight,and it posted twice.

Edited by - wednesday on 6 February 2003 22:44:44

• nelly1
    nelly1

yes i think micheal jackson has mental problems for sure, there is no way id dangle my baby over a balcony I dont care if president bush himself wanted to see him!!!!

you just dont do that stuff.

I think that the years of pressure as a child not normal upbringing has to have an effect on a person, some more than others and micheal is a prime example of that, and if he is an abused child he will need to regain power somewhere, and sexual abuse can be one way to try to regain it.

I guess no one knows wether hes a pedophile or not only him and god.

you have to feel pity in a way dont you, its sad in a way....but if he is a child molester then he needs help, seeing him i dont think hes a calculating one, just seriously mentally ill.

very big untouchable star, he calls the shots not his doctors so who knows if hel ever be helped :(

sad isnt it

love nelly

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am going to upset you all--- by my JUDGEMENT!!!! I think he is harmless- I do believe is "odd" I do believe it is nothing sexual with him & the children... I think he is a victim of a abused childhood & the Borg. I think he changed his nose to "put the finger" to his Dad.I still believe he is a gentle spirit -does so much good for so many - is very foolish with his material spending- but if he worked for it-Good for him to spend it. I think the interveiwer was quite unkind in many areas...I am sorry I have nothing but empathy for him... I dont need your corrections to how I feel- Im allowed to say what I like about my feelings...So there!!!!!

• Almost There
    Almost There

I have to agree with Mouthy. I think his popularity is so hard on the guy. The people who are stalking outside his hotel and the media exploiting him so, should be ashamed. Just think of the money the media is making off of exploiting him and disparaging him.

The media can edit anything to make it more sensational than needed.

I find the kids sleeping with him very innocent. I baby sat my friends daughter and she was afraid to sleep in the guest room, so she sleep with me (I'm female). My 8yr. old still sleeps in the bed with my husband and I. And yes I would be ok with them sleeping with a friend of mine.

I think some of the comments are very judgemental. His life is NOT NORMAL at all. So we cannot put our experience to his.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I see him as a gentle individual and harmless to himself. But he doesn't have a very good hold on reality...and I don't know if its the money, fame or his upbringing...but that aside, I agree that his relationship with children appears to be perfectly innocent. His childish manner seems to have inhibited his ability to have normal relationships with grown ups...and his obsessive fantasy with Peter Pan and immortality (which is who he believes he is in his heart) hits the wrong keys with me.

As a role model for his own children, I see something missing. When Martin asked about how the children accept life without a mother he said 'oh they're fine, they're having a great time'. That's not really a grown up response in my opinion...that's only what he wants the viewers to think. In reality, the children don't have a mother, Prince Michael the first, and Prince Michael the second are his son's names, the latter being nicked named after a bed covering. They willingly wear masks in public or have their faces covered in silk scarves, this is all they have ever known, and it is not peculiar to them to do this. For the rest of their lives, they will have to wear a covering in public, as they will be just as famous as adults as they are as children. His desire to protect them is understandable though his methods are somewhat unusual. There are other famous artists who's kids enjoy being in school with other kids and who's parents interact with other grown ups...yet their children are at risk just as much as billionaire Michael Jackson's kids.

I did find myself sympathising with Jackson...he came across as a very sensitive individual with a very gentle nature. The harsh abuse from his father seems to have scarred him for life, and I personally think he is trying to recapture the youth that he lost as a child. His world of "make believe" really does make him happy, and I wish him happiness. I don't agree with his 'lets all love each other in the same bed' practice...even though I do think it is innocent. I am comfortable with my kids sleeping in my bed, but I would not be comfortable with them sleeping in someone else's bed. If my daughter's friend climbed into my bed innocently, I would discourage it, out of respect for her parents. What he fails to see, is that NOT all adults are going to be innocent of heart like he is...and because these kids grow up thinking that its okay to sleep with ANY grown up...they could easily expose themselves to opportunities to be tampered with.

~Beck~

• Xandria
    Xandria

Mouthy, you have a right to your opinion as I am to mine. So no disrespect to you, when I say that I am not ashamed on how I feel about this matter. As I stated before to you, he is in need of help. He has people around him that are known in the business as "yes" people. They bend over backwards to provide any and every luxury. They do not tell him when something is out of line or comes out of left field is damaging to him and the ones he is responsible for.

Micheal is in his own little world. It is not a healthy situation for these children to be raised like circus freaks. Micheal's concern should of been about his children. I saw the guards surround him mostly. His children were left behind, terror filled by the crush. Left basically with out their father by thier sides. Micheal is not striving for normalization of the situation by forcing his children to wear masks, and veils. Yes, security is one thing. This goes beyond normal boundaries. I would understand a tracking device like a watch or a false tooth, a personal body guard due to kidnapping threats is understandable.

I have seen the zoos sectioned off before when a celebrity visited to protect the celebrity from this very thing. They should be able to visit with out being mobbed and the opportunity for their children to get trampled in the rush to get to them. This will give the opportunity for parent in child to be together in a semi normal setting. If it takes that to be "normal" then so be it. At least his children are safe, they are not being exposed to freakish behavior and so on. Do you think it is right that his children don't know their own mothers ? Micheal craves love and this is HIGHLY unhealthy. To isolate his children from the other parent, to be selfishly self centered as that ? To not provide a healthy enviroment is wrong. Counseling is definately needed here.

Being backstage at concerts, events and so on. I understand the issues facing celebrities. It is a balance, many are afraid of the rabid fan. But when you have someone who is being deluded that his actions are normal, that is wrong. He has to be accountable for his actions. Money, fame, and so forth should not allow non accountablity for ones actions.

There is a time after all to grow up. Enabling this behavior is causing this person more harm than good. What are we to enable his behavior ? When is a good time for him to finally be a parent and adult 100 ? or after the damage is done to his children ? Celebrity doesn't mean carte blanche to damage, to mentally harm, physcially, etc. They put their pants on just like anyone else.

X

• caligirl
    caligirl

I have to chime in with mouthy on this one. I think that his childhood, or lack thereof, has caused him to be emotionally scarred and that he has created this child-like world as a way of coping with whatever memories he has. Is he strange? Yes, but who knows why he has handled the stress of stardom the way he does. The mind is a mysterious thing, and no two people react the same way to situations. I think that he has had some very harsh experiences in his life, and for whatever reason, hi child-like manifestations are his mind's way of dealing with the aftermath of those events. I do not think the kids are necessarily suffering. This is the only way of life they have ever known, so it probably does not seem strange to them. Why would it? And there are much worse environments to grow up in than with a rich, eccentric, child-like parent. Will his children need therapy? More than likely, but then again, at least paying for it won't be an issue! I think that the media should just leave the whole thing alone and let them live their life. That would be those children's best chance at a glimpse of normality.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I just finished watching the show, and what I thought before still stands even more so now. The fact is, he had a childhood far different than ours. In fact, it really was not a childhood at all. The abuse, the fame, etc.

I think musically he is brilliant, and I believe he has a giving heart toward helping others more than most people could ever dream of having. There is no doubt in my mind that he has created a childhood for himself, surrounding himself with things of a child.

He is a child at heart. No more, and no less.

Is his behavior strange? Sure. But I do believe it is all innocent. I don't believe that he could hurt anyone, especially a child.

I never believed before that he molested the kid, and after watching this interview, I still don't believe it.

• Ed
    Ed

From what I saw on the show I think he's basically good-natured, just very very eccentric.

What about the manager of that store, when he went in to buy more stuff? That was really funny. If you pause the tape and magnify the image, you can actually see the dollar signs in his pupils.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit