Are Elders prepared to take the fall for WT/GB misdemeanor's / crime ??

by smiddy3 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is it the same in most western countries or is there a difference in other world places .?

I`m in Australia and would like to know about here mainly but am interested how it would be viewed elsewhere.

Any Elders past or present who would comment I`d appreciate it.

And if you are presently an Elder would you comply with this directive ?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Pretty much everyone elder and above knows about the "Sheppard the Flock of God" book

How evil it is and how any reasonable person cannot be a conscientious JW knowing about.

Any elder out there,,no matter how down to earth or kind he may be,,,,is privvy to this.

If he cant see he is culpable,,I don't what could make him see otherwise

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think most of them are not savvy enough to understand the potential consequences.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Posted Grabt Davis' cautionary comments on the other thread as well...

"Selena also said that Tony Morris’ match illustration was an instruction to burn her house down. Something she claims has happened to her twice.

She also said that she was asked if she wanted to help cover up CSA.

She also said that Watchtower regularly kills people and gets Google to cover it up.

She says that Watchtower has tried to poison her numerous times.

I really think that submitting anything speculative about TM3 when reporting the claims of someone who obviously has problems, hampers apostate moves in presenting verifiable facts.

I have little doubt that this is a woman who might well have been abused, but looking at her weird videos and super extraordinary claims, puts an invaluable slant on the veracity of her claims.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

DoC

That's why its so dangerous.

Most eldubs are just totally oblivious to the real legal ramifications.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

One San Francisco Bay Area Elder was summarily disfellowshiped in absentia for truthful testimony on the witness stand a few years back. Direct orders from HQ. His orders were to lie ie: "theocratic strategy".

In the Pennsylvania Attorney General's investigations on Child abuse, one EX elder is singing like a canary about Watchtower's orders to destroy evidence. I hope Watchtower and the GB have conspiracy charges pressed "RICO".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstruction_of_justice

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The insistence on loyalty to the org against obedience to the government makes me think of the mob. Perhaps one day governments will stop letting them hide behind the religious freedom rules, and classify them as the criminal organisation that they are. And yes, if they are giving orders to destroy documents that can leave a trail in future criminal investigations, then they are a criminal organisation. If it quacks, waddles and looks like a duck...

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

What directives for destroying evidence are we talking about? Can someone post it here?

I have been in 3 JC's related to CSA and we were given explicit 25-page separate CSA directions to save every document in a folder/packet that was labeled "Do Not Destroy". NOTHING is to kept digitally, but on paper

In fact, even communications from WhatsApp, personal notes, and social media were to be printed out and saved in it. The documents had to be saved indefinitely even when the accusation proved to be false. Two copies of the entire docket are made, one for the branch and the other for the congregation. If the individual moves to another congregation, the JC meets the new congregation service committee and prepares the third docket for them.

Even the sfl and the Addendum says the same thing about retaining records

• blondie
    blondie

Just remember that the WTS/GB view all organizations except their own are under the control of Satan. They do not think that the US or Britain or France, etc., are any less likely to turn on them than Russia, Islamic religions, etc. So the WTS views them as enemies and "not entitled to the truth" that is being lied to. All these countries have varying laws regarding lying to the government, and the WTS will lie to all of them if the WTS deems it is necessary.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfchange - “I think most of them are not savvy enough to understand the potential consequences.”

I've met a couple who could barely tie their shoelaces without the GB’s “direction”.

😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit