Lingerie Discussion

by pettygrudger 36 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Kay - nuff of the doom,gloom, flame wars & down right negativity - lets discuss women's lingerie!

Seriously though, ladies, do you feel comfortable buying & wearing lingerie? I for one do not - I still have not worked out a lot of "security issues" in my head, so therefore have never purchased said items for which to "seduce" dear hubby. I like romance, but with our hectic schedules it is very difficult to get into that "romance mood" if you know what I mean. So, do you just go out to the mall Victoria Secrets & buy it, or do you let your men choose for you? Do you view receiving lingerie as a "gift", or as a "hint"?

Guys - do you really see it as a "gift" if your woman buys & then wears such items for you? And what are your preferences - the "nasty" attire or the "soft & subtle" type stuff? Inquiring minds really want to know!

Silly subject I know, but one I have always wanted to know!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If a woman buys lingerie and then wears it for me,do I see it as a gift?..You bet!!..If she dressing like that,I got a gift for her too..LOL!...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 5 February 2003 14:51:20

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Well now, lingerie. A much better topic than doom and gloom !!!

Yes, I consider it a "gift" when my wife does the Victoria's Secret thing. Fortunately, we live about 5 minutes from a local mall and she does buy most of her underwear there, even the more common stuff for daily use (the stores have a lot of sales that are not in the catalogs).

"Nasty" or "sweet" ????? Depends on the mood. The woman can really set the tone for what she is in the mood for: Obviously, wearing a little red thong and in 5" heels means something much different than a little white see-thru nighty. Your hubby will pick up on it quickly and both of you will enjoy it.

From the male perspective, just don't limit yourself to one "look." Variety is what makes it even more exciting.

***** Dr. Rub a Dub

Edited by - RubaDub on 5 February 2003 15:7:11

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

This is something I just ordered for Valentines day.Innocent yet sexy.

• Xander
    Xander

Do you view receiving lingerie as a "gift", or as a "hint"?

I've never bought any for the wife for this very reason. Although she has no problem buying sexy things for herself and wearing them - see comment below - I don't think there is any way I could buy something like that for her without it seeming like a 'hint'. Which is actually an interesting concern for me, as Valentine's Day *IS* coming up, as is her birthday (2 days before)...and she has made quite clear that, starting from my birthday/christmas, this year we will be doing the gift giving thing.

Uhhh...what do you BUY an adult for their birthday? Or Valentine's Day? Without it seeming either like 'a hint' or 'boring'? *eek*

Guys - do you really see it as a "gift" if your woman buys & then wears such items for you? And what are your preferences - the "nasty" attire or the "soft & subtle" type stuff? Inquiring minds really want to know!

Oh, definately 'gif't'. Yuppers, indeed. I've had some very nice surprises coming home from long business trips.

Dunno bout the nasty, though, but that's just me. Nothing beats a sexy teddy, IMHO, so....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

LuckyLucy

I would like to order that for Valentine's Day also. The lingerie she is wearing is also nice.

*****Rub a Dub

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Rhonda,

I love the stuff. I have drawers and drawers and drawers of it in all styles and colors. The first time I got any pretty lingerie was for my bridal shower and I remember staring at the pretty colors, soft fabric and frilly lace. It's been an addiction ever since.

I love taking warm scented baths, putting on scented lotion and topping it off with sexy lingerie. I do this even when I know the only one in the bed will be me! But it's even more exciting when I'm dressing with my significant other in mind. It's a turnon for me and I feel sexy as hell in it. It's also great for signaling when you're feeling frisky without your having to be too aggressive about it and can be the first step in foreplay.

I take note of different styles in magazines, look in their shopping section, go to malls and often buy online. I buy most of it but enjoy receiving it from my significant other also, especially when he buys something he'd like to see me in and not just what he thinks I'd like.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Men can be very visually stimulated, they like what they see, I would go out and buy something I think he would like to see me in, even if it was a bit uncomfortable, how long would it last on anyway. Also men or some men really do like getting romantic cards and flowers. I have always recieved flowers from the love of my life.

• Francois
    Francois

I think women would be surprised if they knew how many men, maybe even the men they're with, really appreciate getting flowers delivered at work, or maybe a basket of fruit or cheese, or oh hell, fruit AND cheese. I don't really think it matters what it is. These kinds of gifts are all too rare for the average guy. But think about it ladies. Not only does it tell your guy what you want him to know, it also tells everyone in your guy's office that you're nuts about your man. That's a big, big ego stroke for your man. I've gotten flowers, fruits, cheeses and summer sausages, and once a big ol' bottle of my favorite wine - which was very expensive to start with - delivered to me at my office.

Of course some of the guys at the office like to poke fun, but you could see it down deep in their eyes where it really counts - - - they wish it was them who were getting gifts from their old ladies delivered at the office. Think about it.

francois

• kls
    kls

why isn't there lingerie for men?like maybe a VICTORS SECRET, cause it's a man's world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit