Wasting Time In The Ministry--How Did You Do It??

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Wasting Time In The Ministry--How Did You Do It??

By being there.

Farkel

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Almost all of the above.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

9:00 AM Punch In

Sit at Hall and listen to the daily text

9:30 Head for breakfast

10:30 Go with someone in the car on a call.

10:00 AM Doughnut Break

10:30 AM Look at all the used car lots in town.

12:00 Noon Return to Hall and drop everyone off. Count Time and a half (4.5 hrs.) because it's Saturday.

Outaservice (why did I quit, I liked it so well!)

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

It was always time well spent for me. Get weather report night before, show up early at KH, hook up with friend, leave together for "RV's" and study appointments. Stop off at liquor store, get six-pack, head to beach. Check out the babes, work on tan, and marvel at how great life outside the Borg must be. On the way back, dump some mags at first available laundromat, and record time and placements. Fitting compensation for an unpaid salesman of the Borg.

• obiwan
    obiwan

7/11

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Our study conductor had it down to a honed science. He would load his car full and assign another car driver to follow to a faraway territory. Then he would drive around the territory and choose drop-off points. He would then signal the other driver to come up beside his vehicle. They would discuss the drop-off points and finally come to a decision where the occupants of the other vehicle would begin. Then he would again circle the territory and drop off the other twosomes in his car. After that he and his partner would do a house or two. Then it was time to check on everyone. He would drive around slowly and ask everyone how they were making out. After making sure everyone was o.k. he would make his second round to announce coffee-time. A great boss, especially if you worked with him. After coffee hed make sure he got Sister Visits in his car and drove her around to her calls the remainder of the morning.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

During coffee break, I would always buy a hot food item, such as soup or chilli. The excuse was "hey I'll save time by eating lunch now, since we're here anyway!"

It always took a long time for the soup to cool off to eating temperature. It always took a looooooong time to eat it.

It did save time though. After copping out of the ministry because of feeling stuffed with lunch, there was the whole afternoon beckoning!

Expatbrit

• minimus
    minimus

Wheel....That sounds just like me! Was I your conductor? And the best part was that everyone thought that I was "loving" because I cared to check on their welfare. If they were too cold or too hot, I would invite them in my comfortable car. Then we could check on the others and head for Dunkin Donuts.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hmmmm.....does this ring a bell?

*coughcoughcoffeecough*

Expatbrit

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Minimus

I've mentioned the Moon Walk thing a couple of times here. I think the JW version is called the "Pioneer Walk."

It really is a skill that takes time to perfect. Imagine, having a block with 5 or 6 houses, no one was home, but you took the entire morning doing it and it looked like you were moving the entire time.

A pioneered for a year and actually was getting rather good at it!

It's actually an optical illusion created by syncronizing the movements of the legs in conjunction with the swing of the bookbag.

From what I hear, they now have demonstrations in the Pioneer Schools on how to master the technique including slow motion and freeze frame videos of some of the more experienced pioneers in action.

*****Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit