Name Things You Can't Do If You Are JW...or not supposed to do

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

No throwing the bouquet at weddings..

no throwing rice either. Throwing must be "of the Devil" since it couldnt be the pagan - ness of it elsewise wedding rings would be taboo, right?

Oops. Sorry. That would be reasonable and consistent. I forgot myself!

So where were we...no rice, no bouquet throwing...ah yes..pagan rings ok.

No toasting by the best man, no garter toss, no "suggestive" music. Keep non suggestive music low volume (such fun dancing that is!)

The tradition of a money tree is WRONG but an envelope with a card and money inside is RIGHT (isnt the paper of the cards made from trees?)

No being alone before the wedding - chaperoned is the order of the day, HOWEVER - once you walk down that aisle, listen to that elder drone on, say "I do" and eat some cake, you are allowed to go have sex like a rabbit as many times as you want.

The paperwork that makes you legally wedded will sit on the wedding officiants desk until the mail goes out on Monday which means (if the wedding was on a Saturday) a good 48 hours of sex before anything legal happens.

But that is not of any concern...just dont throw rice or play that music loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Think for yourself, think critically, question the Governing Body or point out flaws, inaccuracies, inconsistencies or any other problems with their "theology."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Another one I couldn't understand is the wishbone when eating a chicken. I mean when you get a chicken you get the wishbone eventually. Just jokingly I said a few times ''hey a wishbone, let's see who gets the better of it'', then you get that disappointed, ''hey, no'', with kind of disgusted look.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

SAHS;

I agree with you. The no clanking of glasses rule must have obviously been a way of keeping different from people of the ''world''. No different from keeping ''the brotherhood'' different from celebrating holidays, birthdays, etc,etc.....

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

No team sports in school (but clique-y congregation "touch football" games are ok).

No playing with the neighbor kids or having school friends.

No birthday cake at school (but you can have some at work if it's leftover the day after).

No signing group cards for work birthdays or deaths -must send your own sympathy card with a tract or brochure which often just nothing gets sent.

No raffles or lottery tickets.

No R rated movies.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

No Rock group posters, or for that matter no non-WT art department religious pictures. Sorry, even the grandma's ole lighted "Sacred Heart of Jesus" frame has got to go.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Minimus I am unable to answer your question, as it is spiritually illegal for you to be asking it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Use critical or analytical thinking skills...

(use one's brain)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Go on sites like this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit