Name Things You Can't Do If You Are JW...or not supposed to do

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses are not supposed to stand for the national anthem but can stand for a flag salute.

you can't say bless you if someone sneezes, good luck!, or " you too" if someone says, happy holidays.

It is a religion of cannot dos. Everything is pagan and worldly.

What are things that are unacceptable to Jehovah's Witnesses that really are no big deal to everyone else??

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    In a nutshell: live freely.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Think for yourself
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

SSC got it right.

It's easier to name the things a Jobo can do than the things they can't do.

What can JWs do? Easy: Give all to the Governing Body. Anything that isn't helping their holinesses the watchtower rock star popes to carry on their gluttonous lifestyle is a no no.

The gluttonous paedophile protecting overstuffed fat pigs in brooklyn demand worship, money and the power to abuse the cult members.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    Well their not supposed to eat blood but they do. Blood is in meat unless it's kosher. Why aren't they told to only eat kosher. How many witnesses have you seen tucking into a nice juicy rare steak with blood oozing out of it? My husband is one of them. Thinks nothing of it.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

The list is getting longer. They cannot own toys that have even a tenuous link to magic or that could be used in play magic. They cannot sleep or play during a boasting session, even if it's past children's bedtime on a school day. They cannot take vacations except to the washtowel headquarters. And, as of this summer's video, they cannot even have an ice cream cone because the washtowel owns the money.

Let's see what they come up with for 2016.

• tiki
    tiki

Think rationally....

Educate yourself...

If you're a woman think of yourself as smart and capable as any man...

If you're a man treat women as intellectual and emotional peers...

Wear a bikini....

The list is endless.....

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

WTW that sucks you had THAT kind of family. Ours did take vacations, lots of them.

didnt it suck when your family had to take WT rules and actually make them worse? For anonymity I can't say what my family's was, but I had a friend who couldn't wear purple because it was the color of royalty. It was her favorite color. I had another friend who had to say a prayer over a glass of water and every nibble she took throughout the day. Her mother said 'or else Jehovah will cut your throat!'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, I don't think there's enough server space.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    They cannot truly be without guilt as all the sanctions lead to constant failure. No one can meet the rules completely and their version of forgiveness doesn't cover the littlest transgression without institutional intervention, ie: Da Eldahs. So glad to be free of the mooks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit