Name Things You Can't Do If You Are JW...or not supposed to do

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Dissillusioned2, very good point..

had a conversation this morning with my colleagues, a doctor and 2 nurses about what JW's 'don't do'... The doctor said that he knew about the witnesses and no blood stance.. and he knew a bit about the no eating blood which I explained further; then he said..

Oh!, do Jehovah's Witnesses eat only 'Halal or Kosher' meat? KABOOM!

he hit the nail right on the head and I said 'you got it right mate, my ex circle of JW friends NEVER ate hallal'.... that doctor used critical thinking in a split second and I loved it... I was around the truth for 30 years and never thought of something so simple...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Marvster...

Looks more and more like it's never really about adhering to a Biblical blood prohibition, but has actually been about investments and profits in "bloodless" medical technology:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/315890005/lorenz-reibling-gives-interview-about-real-estate

(It's a long thread, but worth perusing.)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Marvster, I used to ask what the red stuff was that came out of the veins while my mother cooked chicken. She said it was 'juices.'

• millie210
    millie210

Dint forget that they cant celebrate Halloween except for buying the candy the next day at sale prices - the candy becomes clean over night.

The same applies to Easter bunny eating (see above)

although I have seen LOTS of pioneers buy Cadbury eggs while out in field service - not sure how that slipped through the cracks hmm...

Then there is no baking your turkey till Friday at Thanksgiving....and NO Christmas presents UNLESS you get a free turkey or ham from work and then it is ok....

a Xmas bonus is ok too (see above)

No drinking champagne on New Years Eve and NO firecrackers..

drinking the minute you get back to your motel after an assembly Holy Day is ok however...

the same with going out to eat right after the Holy Assembly Day,,,,be careful - if you take a visiting Bethel speaker out to eat they will KILL your alcohol budget for dinner by imbibing heavily.

No firecrackers on 4th of July (U.S.) but the "buy them on sale and do it later" rule applies here also (see above)

Picnics are ok on the 4th but you must NOT have any red, white or blue food combinations.

Drinking is ok on the 4th of July (unlike New Years Eve but the firecracker rule carries over)

any questions?

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Smoke.

Get drunk, or even tipsy.

Celebrate holidays/birthdays.

SL

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Make sure there are no fairies in your daughters wallpaper pattern, or anywhere on anything. Seeing a fairy movie is ok. Don't buy your son a magicians tricks kit. Seeing Cinderella is ok, but don't sing the bibbidi bobbidi boo song. Make sure not to speak too highly of any heroes not mentioned in the Bible. MLK was a false religion preacher, not to be idolized. We should be neutral on civic affairs, MLk wasn't. Abraham Lincoln is a nationalistic icon, not to be glorified. Susan B Anthony, she didn't know her place. Votes for women? Votes for anyone are choosing man's authority over Gods. Let the world get horrible, sit back and do nothing, it just proves our point that everything is going to pot. Don't smoke pot.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

Millie, I love your style!

No toasting

No yoga

No skirts above the knee or tight, revealing clothing

No patriotism

No gambling or raffle tickets

No volunteer or charity work

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    Listen to metal
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster

@ vidiot.. thanks, will take a look at that link in a few days (I can only take so much anger at borg antics, so will wait until my current episode fizzles out)

@ FayeDunaway, re: 'juices' ..... Absolutely priceless, lol x 1000

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

No dances involving gyrating hips.

in the UK, no 18 rated films.

No looking if a couple kiss during a film (in fact, turn it off otherwise you'll get aroused)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit