My 6th grade girlfriend

by Mulan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

About two months ago, I got an email titled, "think way back". It was from a woman I knew when we were both in the 6th grade in 1956. We were good friends for a few months, when I briefly attended school with her. We bonded and became very close in the 3 or 4 months that I knew her. I remembered her well, because when we were both about 14 (my family had moved away) she became friends with a JW girl, and became a witness. I heard about it, from relatives who attended that congregation, and I would see her once in awhile at big conventions. A few years later, I heard she had been disfellowshipped. Occasionally I would wonder about her.

She was on one of Randy Watter's web pages recently, and found the story I wrote about my late cousin, Sharon. She knew Sharon quite well, years ago, and was very surprised to learn she was not only not one of JW's anymore, but had passed away. My email is on that story, so she sent me the email, I mentioned above.

We have emailed quite a lot and talked on the phone one night for about an hour, catching up, and sharing stories. It's been a lot of fun chatting with her about our shared memories, even though we were only close for a few months when we were about 11 years old, and are both 57 or so now. She still lives in the Seattle area, but on an island, so isn't easy to visit........but we will one day soon.

She lurks here, so I would love it if she would post. So, "S', if you see this, respond. You can join the "Mulan dynasty".

Edited by - mulan on 1 February 2003 23:22:21

• Jesika
    Jesika

That is sooooooooo neat that you are talking to each other again!!!!

To be honest when I read the title of the post, I thought to myself "Mulan used to like girls???????!!!!!!!!" LMAO

Sorry about the loss of your cousin.

Jes

And yes if "S" is reading this, please join us!!!!!!!

• LB
    LB

Not too long ago thanks to the internet I was able to reconnect with an old friend. We became friends at age 5. We played sports together all the way through college and then he went on to play professional ball. I did not. I sucked I guess.

I found him in Utah and he flew out here to meet up with me. I haven't seen him for almost 30 years. When I saw him it was like looking at his father. Then he says to me "wow, you look like your dad, a lot". That sucks too.

But now we call every so often and e-mail each other often. He is shocked that I'm coaching highschool sports since as he says I was very uncoachable and the coaches always hated me.

Imagine that????

• Sheryl
    Sheryl

Hi Mulan, Thank you for the nice comments - maybe I've figured out posting !! Also I have the day off work - which helps a lot.

Well this forum is just great and thank you for telling me about it. When I escaped the JWs many years ago I had no idea any groups existed (which they may not have in this format anyway)....but over the years I sure have wondered about many old friends - wishing I could help them out of their fog. The internet is the greatest - and for sure the worst for the WT. Like China, they'll have to ban it!

When I typed in the word - disfellowshipped - on a yahoo search - the 20,000 sites just poured out! Cult (ONLY we have the answers) escapees definitely need a recovery period.

So there were the Engmans, Hogans, Avas, Slaters, Schlags - have any gotten out??? Yes, there we were in the early 1960s and for sure there wasn't enough time to finish college - the end was just too close.....

• shera
    shera

Welcome Sheryl.Glad your here.

So nice that you to began speaking again.

• frogit
    frogit

Mulan

You don't look 57, wow, you remind me of my mum she too looks young,but (I'm not saying 57 is old) and I always enjoy your posts.

Sorry to go off the subject. hope you friend does come along and join in with us soon.

frogit

Edited by - frogit on 3 February 2003 13:34:58

• onacruse
    onacruse

Welcome Sheryl!

That is so cool Mulan that you've reconnected, you have years of talking to do to catch up, I pity big red,lol!

I reconnected with a school chum a few years ago thru classmates.com, we still email each other and he recently sent me a tracing of my brothers name from the Vietnam Wall in Washington DC, it was very touching that he remembered my brother had been killed in Nam. Needless to say I cried when I saw the tracing, and it's the third one I've gotten.

Enjoyed your story thanks for sharing it!

Katie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

OOPS!!! I'm so embarassed and Craig is gunna be sooooooooooo mad at me for using up one of his most precious post! IKES!!!!! Sorry Simon.....it was an honest mistake!

Above post was not from onacruse but me!

Katie oui vay!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mulan.

WOW great story........and lookee there, Sheryl has posted . Welcome aboard !

LB. Maybe some of those old coaches of yours, may contact you, Imagine that !

Haven't had any old friends contact me yet, but there is always hope. I have gotten a few hatemails though ! LOL

But I have had email from other posters on this board and it is great to make NEW friends !

b12 of the " Enduring Happiness Class "

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Sheryl! I'm glad you reconnected with Mulan after all these years and I'm really glad you've joined our group!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit