Just read that Carl Olof Jonsson died yesterday

by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Are these results written in stone or are there tolerances and variables of error and is the programming based on belief or fact? I am not attempting to undermine the integrity of the program.

As already clearly stated more than once, it is not possible for the solstice to have occurred on 9 July in 588BCE, or any other year within many thousands of years. Not even if you wish really hard. Astronomy algorithms aren’t based on ‘belief’, and it’s not clear how you imagine that would even be implemented. It sounds as though you haven’t bothered to even look up any basic information on solstices or any relevant concepts at all beyond what is spoonfed by the Watch Tower Society.

You continue to expect answers from everyone else, having provided no evidence for any of your own claims, and you blindly accept assertions made by the Watch Tower Society without holding it to the same standard of rigor. There’s a word for that.

As also previously stated, this whole 588 BCE argument is even worse for the Watch Tower Society because the year that everyone else calls 588BCE is what JWs call 608 BCE, and the attempt to link astronomical observations for the actual year 588BCE only worsens the problems associated with the JWs’ ‘20-year gap’ in neo-Babylonian history.

Reminding people that you also believe ‘Noah’s ark’ to be a real thing doesn’t help your credibility either. 🤦‍♂️

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    You continue to expect answers from everyone else, having provided no evidence for any of your own claims,

The onus is on you to show that science proves -588. I don’t see how your rhetoric validates -588.

It seems to me that the related algorithm should be based on a modern day observed sky or on a proven sky or an explanation of how the -588 results have been derived would help persuade the ciel cart results . It also needs to be proven that Neb’s 37th year is in fact his 37th year and that the Bible date of Neb’s 18th year at destruction of Jerusalem have the same basis.

In other words, we need to know for a fact the true -588/-568 sky. You have failed to prove that on this thread. We need to know if Neb’s 18th an 37th year have the same common denominator. We also need to know the year of the vat 4956 sky which you show is -588 according to your non validated algorithm describing a circa June 29 solstice.

Thus far your presents are interesting but not persuasive enough to convince.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

See. The apologist just demands more and more even though the facts have already been provided, and he just doesn’t like them. But the apologist makes absolutely no attempt to provide any evidence whatsoever for his own (borrowed) position.

Even the same software Watch Tower claims to have used for its own assessment is rejected by the apologist. 😂

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

The onus is on you to show that science proves -588.

It’s not even clear what that is supposed to mean let alone being my responsibility. The specific astronomy software used and endorsed by the Watch Tower Society’s own article shows that the solstice definitely didn’t occur on 9 July in 588 BCE. The apologist can’t handle this. This is textbook cognitive dissonance.

according to your non validated algorithm

Notice how the apologist tries to dismiss the facts presented by the astronomy program as some kind of supposed failing on my part.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

It also needs to be proven that Neb’s 37th year is in fact his 37th year and that the Bible date of Neb’s 18th year at destruction of Jerusalem have the same basis.

Literally thousands of contemporaneous cuneiform documents testify to the entire neo-Babylonian period, including Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year, as well as all the transitional periods between all of the known kings. This is better attestation than the Bible’s dating for Jerusalem’s destruction.

Still waiting for Fisherman to present any kind of evidence whatsoever for any part of his own (borrowed) view. Any such evidence must meet the same rigorous standards he expects from everyone else.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The specific astronomy software used and endorsed by the Watch Tower Society’s

How does this validate the algorithm?

Still waiting for Fisherman to present any kind of evidence whatsoever for any part of his own (borrowed) view.

How does this endorse a -568 sky?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Jeffro, I didn’t resort to fallacy to undermine and deflect the solstice information you posted. I thanked you for kindly posting it. It is very interesting. If you have more info such as the info I asked for either post or explain. Scholar is the one debating your evidence with you. I just want to see how much and how valid. I will also read the info in your site. I form my own views. I don’t need your rhetoric because it has zero effect on my methodology of ascertaining facts. If you don’t like the wt, that’s another topic. The subject that I am interested in if you want my audience is the -568 and -588 skies ss it relates to vat 4956. That is it. WT religious belief is scientifically immaterial. (Obviously, you understand that wt belief in -607 is solely derived from Bible interpretation and nor science.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

I don’t need your rhetoric because it has zero effect on my methodology of ascertaining facts.

I’ve seen no evidence that you have a methodology. In fact I’ve seen no evidence about anything from you at all.

What is your evidence that VAT 4956 supports 588 BCE as Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year? And remember, you have indicated that you don’t trust the software used by the Watch Tower Society for supposedly arriving at that conclusion, so you can’t fall back on that. Don’t forget that same level of rigour that you expect from everyone else.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Hi folks. I've been away for a day or two, and I never did get it straight which one of you thinks "Watchtower got it right". Would the resident non-Watchtower advocate please give me a brief summary? I know from Eric Michael Wilson's book that Watchtower made a huge disaster out of Babylon's history. Please give me a little guidance on what the battle is about. I want to be sure to cheer for whomever is against Watchtower.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I’ve seen no evidence that you have a methodology. In fact I’ve seen no evidence about anything from you at all.

The onus is on you to prove your case that vat 4956 sky is -568 if your approach is to argue. I am not trying to personally discredit you. I am only interested in facts or explanation. If you have nothing more to add, I must say your information is interesting. Thanks again for your posts. I haven’t seen that scholar added anything more to falsify -568 solstice. I want to add as an end point that wt doesn’t use the vat to extrapolate -607, only Bible interpretation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit