The Fifth Estate: Post your comments HERE

by Scully 117 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• shera
    shera

I can't recall if they said his name or not,but the man with the grey hair,that was speaking for the JW's was the PO for my cong.

• kelpie
    kelpie

If someone can put it onto a cd I would be willing to pay for the cost of sending it to me...

Here in Australia, we will not get it...

I am extremely interested in watching it.

thanks heaps Kelps

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Shera:

I think they said the name "Thomas"...last name I think. I'll check my tape again tomorrow..(hubby's watching a movie right now)

Can you say which congregation he was PO in?

Had Enough

• shera
    shera

Yes,that was his name.Thanks

It was westphal cong

Edited by - shera on 29 January 2003 23:17:59

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Watchtower Canada PR spokesperson Clive Thomas. He was at the Boer case and was in the Toronto Sun Sep. 1/02 story/

He is by definition ... a real society man

• shera
    shera

hmmuupph.I remember his wife was a very sad looking woman.

Is he still a PO?

When I was in (Left in 92 ) he was a PO..or would it have been CO? I know he travelled a great deal.I'm at my limit..hehe.Time for me to go to bed any how. Nite all

Edited by - shera on 29 January 2003 23:32:51

Edited by - shera on 29 January 2003 23:34:23

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Clive and Rosalie (I think was her name) Thomas...

They got called into Bethel around 1994. Immediately put to work in the service department and later on he was assigned to work with Public Relaitons

Not sure if he was appointed as PO when they moved to their congregation but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Uzzah

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I didn't get to watch it (I don't live in Canada and unfortunately don't have DirecTV), however I am anxiously awaiting a Transcript of the Program.

I did just find this Story posted at http://cbc.ca

http://cbc.ca/fifth/main_mikemoss.html

A Biography of Mike Moss

Mike Moss is now twenty seven years old. He was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario but moved to Cambridge, Ontario when he was 17 to get away from the pain of being in the same community as the man who abused him and the church which he says let him down.
    Mike was married for four years, but in 1999 his marriage broke up because of problems related to his abuse as a young teenager. Mike has been trying to put the sexual abuse he suffered in the Jehovah's Witness church behind him. As part of that recovery process, he kept a diary of his thoughts a few years ago. In one entry, May 16, 1999, he wrote:

I feel very lonely lately - I'm sad that I lost my family because of the religion. I am very hurt and feel that I am being punished for things that I do not know. I sit here crying knowing that nothing is real in my life and I'm just existing. I don't want pity - I want a family. I feel betrayed by people who I have been loyal to my whole life..everything is quiet around me except the sound of my own tears. it really hurts because it wasn't supposed to be this way..every time I take two steps forward, I get knocked back three.

Mike Moss as a teenager.

Mike is making every attempt to rebuild his life and get some sense of closure. That's why he finally decided to go to the police himself in 1999 to press charges against Peter Gavin. A year later, he cut all ties with the church, although he is still close to his parents who remain Jehovah's Witnesses. Along with his brother, Mike runs his own construction company, A & M Contracting based out of Cambridge. His specialty is office and residential renovations, including modifying homes for the recently disabled. One of his biggest projects last year involved redesigning a home to install a four-floor elevator. Mike enjoys playing hockey and volunteers with a local community group that helps kids.

Mike says he came forward and told the fifth estate his story not because he wants pity, but in hopes of changing the way the church handles cases of child sexual abuse, even if he can't change what happened in his case. He wants to ensure the same thing won't happen to another child. Mike also hopes he will inspire other victims of sexual abuse in the Jehovah's Witness church to come forward. The people, the list of names and what happened to these kids - it's like the same story over and over again..I don't feel alone anymore, he told us.

Find out where to get help if you are being abused... [ http://cbc.ca/fifth/main_mikemoss_resources.html]

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 January 2003 0:43:47

• reporter
    reporter

I am capturing the 3rd cut now so that it can be converted into a Windows Media file. This should cut it down to between 100-150 megs. If you have KaZaA, or you have a fastrack facility for downloads, type in fifth estate into the search engine and using your broadband connection you should be able to download this video file. If many people do this, and use kazaa, many hands make light work and people can get their downloads faster, and from more sources. In the next day, I will endeavor to put a smaller file online, while trying to accomodate low-bandwith dialup users with reasonable video quality. The file will be in one piece, with the three segments commercial free running approx 45 minutes as I am writing this. Good luck, and if you have any questions, please post on this thread.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow your files are half the size of mine - good going

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit