The Fifth Estate: Post your comments HERE

by Scully 117 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Aztec
    Aztec

Aww petty.. ((((Petty)))) Watching shows like this gives me even more sympathy for people who went through this. I was almost in tears when I saw that room where the girl was abused. The "secret" room. **Shivers** Hearing her sing was haunting..what a beautiful voice.

~Aztec

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hope US Souther Folk get to see it too.

Sorry for your pain ((((PettyG))))), and all other survivors of abuse, remember what doesn't kill you, only serves to make you stronger.

Gizmo

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Sorry guys - not trying to garner sympathy (stopped crying now).....the true empathy, love & respect goes to those brave souls that laid bare their most horrible secrets, their most horrible pains,,,,all to make a difference.

My respect & admiration for those individuals - and my respect for Bill Bowen is do deeply profound - all I can say is Thank you from the bottom of my soul (and for those that don't even know what you are doing for them yet!).

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am somewhat overwhelmed.

The accounting of the berry sisters and the terrible situation experienced by Mike, gawd it was heartbreaking.

Overall I think it was by far the best accounting of the issue and I loved that one of the last points made was that there are pedophiles in the congregation, there are pedophiles going door to door in communities across Canada knocking on doors on Saturday & Sunday mornings. That'll get the attention of the public...I hope.

I am (for the most part) happy with the way the CBC dealt with this issue.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's opinions on it.

Uzzah

Edited by - Uzzah on 29 January 2003 22:4:40

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Well, that was quite incredible. The most in-depth treatment yet, I think. My mind is just spinning at the moment at all the damning aspects of the programme.

My sincere admiration goes to those victims and advocates who spoke up and took part in this. Your courage is awe-inspiring.

As for the Watchtower, damn them. Damn their smug, holier-than-thou, inhuman and unfeeling callousness. For any Watchtower lurkers: this isn't going to go away. Your cult will be exposed for the whitewashed grave that it is.

Expatbrit

• Beans
    Beans

WOW, I think the Mike Moss story hit me the hardest, I really feel for this guy and the courage to tell the public his story wa unbelieveable!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

What a thrill to see this show tonight!!!!

It was abolutely thorough in its coverage of all the excuses the WTS and JWs give and it showed thoses excuses up for what they are.....shallow and shameful.

And "shameful"is the word that one of the police force used several times in describing what the elders did to Holly and her mother and sister by not believing their accusations and telling the mother to "be a better wife".

Over and over again the point was driven home that contrary to all the statements of the WTS of their caring and concern for the victims, their true goal of "keep the image of the organization clean at all costs" was and is their primary concern.

As calamityjane said: the pompous attitude of the elders and JR Brown was vividly shown. They have so much to answer for.

Hooray to Mike Moss and Vicki Boer and Holly and her family and those who needed to keep their identity unknown but had the courage to speak out anyway. What a wonderfully brave thing they have done in exposing this injustice. I hope this helps in their healing.

Had Enough

Edited by - Had Enough on 29 January 2003 22:16:7

• starfish422
    starfish422

It was more than I hoped for!!

JR Brown's comments were an outright lie; a very aggressive policy which places the rights and needs of the victims first?? In what parallel universe?? And the Society's admission that there was a "learning curve" on child molestation is an absolute slap in the face to the victims. What exactly did they need to learn?

It will be obvious to anyone who watched it that it was just a pathetic attempt to cover up what is a glaring and horrific problem within the Borg.

Kudos to CBC and my thoughts are with the victims; not just the ones on the program, but all of the silent lambs throughout the world. (((HUGS))) to everyone.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well boys and girls ...

We kicked the tires, lit the fires and pounded the bastards in the god damn nuts

For the Canadian public, the most damning part was at the end when that curious and strange looking fellow in the dark shadows (hehehehe) said they are sending them (paedophiles) to the public's door in every community in Canada followed up by Mike Moss saying that is why he is Sault Ste. Marie ... to tell the community that his paedophile is door knocking!!! That brought it home people no matter what the WTS says about supervision.

I can't thank all of you enough for stepping forward and those others who did not make it on camera but gave enough information to CBC to let them to continue and again for those who worked in the shadows .... and Bill you were damn good!

CBC was awesome and using an american and Canadian cop to show how the bastards would not help in the investigations and supported the paedophiles was great.

Email "The Fifth Estate" and let them know what you thought.

hawk

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Hope US Souther Folk get to see it too.

Judging by the response here and on chat, the program must have been awsome. No, us southern US folks have not seen it, at least I haven't. Sur hope someone can put this on disc or online. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit