IMVHO,
    i think that there will be very many more
    here in the times ahead.

battman
    of the "real soon now" class

• HesterPryne
    HesterPryne

Yeru,
    My story is probably a common one. I haven't been to H2O.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Welcome Hester,

I'm very glad that you decided to stop
    lurking and join the group. Many here can relate to the family problems you have...sigh. Well, we are glad to have you here and I look forward to 'talking' with you further. :)

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

Hi everyone,

You will no by my past posts how my boyfriends family have treated him cos he decided to try an alternative lifestyle that they disagreed with.
    I can't accept any religion that tells a mother to pretend that her son doesn't exist or asks a son to pretend that he has no mother. It is not normal and hurts people so very much that it is beyond cruel. I can not accept this action and it is the one single thing that convinces me that it isn't any where near the truth.
    Essie, my boyfriend had the exact same thing happen to him....now how is that a good thing???

Love uni girl

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,YES, YES, YES, YES,

Did I mention YES??

Venice

• riz
    riz

Venice,

Are you sure? Maybe you need more time to think about it.

riz
    (thinks Venice may have a mild case of O.C.D.) heehee

• emyrose
    emyrose

Hello to all,
    I'm sorry to hear what you went thru, OldTom.
    The fact that evil ORG., obviously full of many
    pyschos, breaks up families makes me fume w/ anger.
    Don't we already have to deal w/ this dog-eat-dog world.
    The last thing we need is to lose family members.
    Don't stop trying to piece things together though.
    I wish you happiness, Emyrose
    P.S.
    I'm starting to notice that many of us didn't get
    calls when leaving the ORG., why?
    Maybe the elders think its to late to repair the
    brainwashing process, and cost-efficient the situation.

• TMS
    TMS

Watchtower study articles abound, featuring titles along the lines of: "Strengthening the Family Unit", "Fathers, Do Not Be Exasperating Your Children", "Caring For Aged Ones".

The "Truth/Knowledge" books waxed eloquent about the application of Bible principles making "better husbands and fathers, wives and mothers, sons and daughters", etc.

TMS

• larc
    larc

Welcome Hester,

I am glad you joined us. This is a very good place for healing.

What really struck me was that after being out for 20 years they made an issue of it and shunned you. I am afraid the same thing is about to happen to me and my wife (she posts here as Zazzu). They have not called at our house in the door to door work in years. In the last two months, two men with book bags have pulled their cars onto the side street next our house and knocked on our door. Of course, we didn't answer, so we are just waiting to see what happens next.
    Obviously, I don't want them to make anything official, because my wife and I both have family who would have to make their stand against us.

• patio34
    patio34

Larc,

I'm so sorry to hear about that! When I was 'in' it seemed that such stories were untrue. But not anymore. What purpose does it serve to search out someone who's been gone for years? It's inhumane, cruel, and heartless.

Harumph!

To TMS: IMO, you have missed the point of the thread. WTS does break up families when one or more of them do not believe the same way any more.

I have two sons and two grandkids, and you better believe that if I were to be df'd or da'd, then that would break up my family. And all because I don't believe the same way anymore. So Older Tom's point is true--that they do break up families.

The articles are about families that all believe in the Watchtower.

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)." I just LOVE that quote.

Patio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit