The State of the Union

by Marvin Shilmer 142 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Exactly sapphire. Any tax breaks given to corporations is just gonna go in the pockets of those at the top.

email wrote:

Same thing with the darn SUV deal... If I can't have it... then hate those than can.
    In the SUV thread, us 'liberals' gave the reasons why we didn't care for SUV's. I don't recall anyone saying "I hate them because I can't afford one." Conservatives love strawman arguments, don't you. I don't know anyone who would be insane enough to 'hate' someone for the car they drove. The only deal with the SUV thing is that it might be a good idea to drive something a little more fuel efficient these days. You guys create caricatures in your head of what you believe other people think and then bash them for it.

Edited by - irongland on 29 January 2003 22:8:16

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    What makes you think you WORK HARDER than anyone else?

What makes you think I'm too rich and my money should be taken disproportionately.

$80K per year and WE BARELY MAKE ENDS MEET ... We have three kids and another one on the way

Sounds like smart planning to me, What makes you think anyone should help support yours or anyone elses life choices?

These guys are the ones who are making the money off the backs of HARD WORKING guys like my husband and buying the majority of the stocks.
    Gee, thanks for employing me and others and allowing me to have a house and three kids (and another on the way) and cars and all the other great things that we get to have in America, when people who really WORK THEIR ASSES OFF in mexico will recieve about 10 bucks for working in a maquiladora this week. Yes, down with the guys at the top, let the government squueze every cent they can out of them! Oops, wait a minute, too bad they can't afford to keep your husband on because of it. Guess you can kiss the car, the house and the dog goodbye. Geez your appreciation for your high standard of living just oozes out of every letter of your post.

Edited by - RandomTask on 29 January 2003 22:9:5

• Scarlet
    Scarlet
    The Horror! It must be awful to get to have time to spend with your family. What a bunch of losers. Thank God I live in a country where I work 50 hrs a week 'succeeding' and don't have to take any nasty ole vacations. I have a friend in germany. I know she hates having her life regulated and having to take 2 week vacations in the black forest as well as having 3 more weeks of vacation to dispose of. Oh well, at least my tax bill is a lower.

You have the right to succeed. In Europe you can not open a small corporation with all the legalities there. There is no

entrepreneurship in Europe. Yeah they get vacations but they don't get the since of knowing what they have done. The feeling of success. I personally would choose having my own business and being able to know I have made a success out of my life over some regulated time off and the goverment telling me what to do and live my life and that my money should be given to my neighbor instead of me.

Edited by - Scarlet on 29 January 2003 22:4:17

Edited by - Scarlet on 29 January 2003 22:5:28

• Aztec
    Aztec

George Bush Jr is totally Nuke-U-lar...LOL

~Aztec

• IronGland
    IronGland

Perhaps their idea of success is having a life that involves something other than work.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    George Bush Jr is totally Nuke-U-lar...LOL

This is the best you can come up with?

Edited by - RandomTask on 29 January 2003 22:15:45

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    Perhaps their idea of success is having a life that involves something other than work.

Hmm, well that brings us back to the sitting on your ass point.

Yes, in fairytale land we should never have to work at all, everything will be provided. Sounds kind of like the new system to me.

Hmm, I seem to live in the "real world" however where I work for what I have and I am happy for it, I even find some enjoyment in what I do for work. Yes, I was unemployed for 9 months once, I found it very unfullfilling, demotivating and depressing, even though my physical needs were met. I think we spend way too much time complaining about "how bad we have it" without realizing that some of the poorest among us live better than a middle of the road guy in a third world country. This is possible because of our capitalist system and the freedom we enjoy.

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Empty Warheads found in Washington!

Evidence on next post!

• Emiliano
  • Scarlet
    Scarlet

Why is it that you must resort to slander of our President. I mean at least when Clinton was in office I would always say the man committed purjury (which last time I checked was illegal) but you guys pull out the he's an idiot card can't you come up with logical things and have an adult conversation. This is quite childish IMO.

Edited by - Scarlet on 29 January 2003 22:24:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit