The State of the Union

by Marvin Shilmer 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I am an American, and so is my president. This is an iron no speech can hold. It can only be experienced. All freedom lovers experience this. But I call it American.

March on freedom!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Summary of Speech:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,,,,,lie lie lie lie, clap clap clap, blah blah blah, lie, lie lie, clap clap clap, kill kill kill, blah blah blah, lie, lie lie, clap clap clap, blah blah blah, clap clap clap, lie lie lie, blah blah blah....

And you'll thought you missed something!

• Perry
    Perry

An outstanding speech that stirs the soul. We will bring freedom to Iraq and make the world safer.

Pettygrudger,

Don't you want the children of Iraq to stop being tortured as a means of getting information out of thier parents? This asshole is a monster. Don't fear Pettygrudger.

• Xander
    Xander

Any actually listen to the Democrat response? I was actually surprised at how well reasoned it was.

Bush presents 'alternative' health care for the elderly
    -> HMOs ain't much of an alternative

Bush suggest a tax cut
    -> The top 1% of earners in America get more money back than the bottom 95% COMBINED?!?! YEAH, that's in favor of the average American
    -> And WTF kind of person is BEHIND removing taxes on stocks DIVIDENDS?!?! This is so unreal, it isn't even funny. (For the especially uneducated, this means essentially that the really rich in this country, who don't work a day in their life and live off of stock dividends suddenly go from being undertaxed to not taxed at all!)

Bush wants war
    -> Actually, the Senator they just interviewed responded better to this. All Saddam's neighbor countries are developing WMD - ESPECIALLY Iran and Saudi Arabia. Whatever government replaces Saddam will have to develop WMD to defend itself. Do we then plan to occupy the entire region forever? Then what the hell are we doing in Iraq NOW?

Bush continues talk of the budget and economy
    -> Interesting point. Whoever you think is to blame for the current crisis (IE., is this Bush's fault or fallout from Clinton?), you have to admit, under Clinton's White House, the gov't DID actually run a budget surplus. Under Bush, we are talking deficit after bigger deficit

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am not a strong Bush supporter, but I thought his speech was pretty good. The only pronunciation mistake I caught (I didn't hear every word though) was when he called Ricin ......Cirin.

I especially liked our Governor, Gary Locke's reply. (Washington State) The Democrats should have him run for President. The first Asian-American President.

Edited by - mulan on 28 January 2003 22:50:10

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Summary of Speech:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,,,,,lie lie lie lie, clap clap clap, blah blah blah, lie, lie lie, clap clap clap, kill kill kill, blah blah blah, lie, lie lie, clap clap clap, blah blah blah, clap clap clap, lie lie lie, blah blah blah....

And you'll thought you missed something!

hahahaha that's the perfect description of what i thought. ~FS

• Perry
    Perry

Xander,

Everybody knows that the top 50% of earners pay 95% of the taxes....what the hell else do you rabid leftists want, full blown communism?

Gary Locke is a patriot with a level head.

• bigboi
    bigboi

How does he plan to cut all these taxes and still have money to fight a war and occupy 2 countries (Iraq and Afghanistan) in the long term?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Looks like we're going in......

• Xander
    Xander

Everybody knows that the top 50% of earners pay 95% of the taxes

Please tell me how removing taxes on stock dividends - essentially, taking the richest earners and removing any tax from them at all - helps the economy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit