Kingdom Hall burned down

by mann377 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mann377
    mann377

I hear that a hall was burned down in Washington state. Was shot at numerous times. Is the WBTS that desperate to merge congo's and collect insurance money and now the land has no building on it the land can be sold with no demo expense. Or someone woke up to the truth about the truth and could not handle it.

• Simon
    Simon

Suggesting that a corporation as big as the WTS would resort to arson and insurance fraud is a little OTT isn't it? Are we that desperate to find fault with them that we have to invent things? Aren't there legitimate things to point to that we can criticize without making things up?

A claim like this requires some basis and evidence.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I saw the tv coverage. The poorly informed sheriff really annoyed me. He said no one could understand what the good jehovahs witnesses of all people could possibly have done to anyone "that is so wrong and oppressive "to make them this angry!!

Wonder if the elders will co operate with worldly authorities on this one???!!!

$36000 reward! Shame they are not so fast to prosecute their peadophiles.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Uhmmm? The WTBTS's Kingdom Halls are "Self-insured" by the WTBTS. They won't be calling State Farm or Geico for restitution.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think its more likely that an unstable person, ex JW or not, lit the place. Hell, it could be kids on drugs or a local homeless person trying to stay warm. The shots? Well who knows?

• NewYork44M
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm trying to hold back my river of tears.......or is laughter?

• tiki
    tiki

Arson is a crime, and the perpetrator is a sick individual whether or not specifically holding a grudge or targeting witnesses. I hope the authorities get to the bottom of it and find the person(s). Witnesses have a right to their places of worship just like any other religion.

• Simon
    Simon

Someone willing to a) fire shots into a building and b) burn a building down is unstable and dangerous. I hope whoever is responsible is caught and prosecuted before someone is seriously injured or killed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Absolutely horrible.

Whether it is a KH, Temple or Mosque, it makes no difference. That is not the civilized way to "hate" an organization that you do not agree with. It is cowardly.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit