Kingdom Hall burned down

by mann377 22 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It's funny how little people know or for that matter care about the doings of the JW.

Maybe this will make government authorities of some sort slightly think about who and what the JW's really teach and believe.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

As much as I despise the Watchtower society, I have no hatred for individual JWs. Burning down a KH does not make me happy, and I'm sure most of us would agree on that.

We were all like them once, sincerely believing in what they're doing/saying.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have the feeling that whoever doing this either a former Dub or someone being shunned by their family or someone who has a relative that was effected by the blood rule, I don't think this person is a complete stranger to da troof. The average person really doesn't care about the Dubs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God works in mysterious ways.

• VIII
    VIII

If you read the comments on the Washington Post article, it is scary how little information there is about the JWs. No one knows their views on gays, the subjection of women, child abuse, the no blood policy, the imminent destruction of all of them at Armageddon (and the JOY the JWs feel about that), etc.

If the base level views of the JWs were known, people wouldn't put out comments like: "They seem like really nice, humble people. They are always doing good for someone". WTF?! Doing good for who?

I hope the perp is caught. I hope it's not an EX-JW as it gives us all a bad name. I do not feel that shooting, burning or doing anything like this does any good at all.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Psychologically, there is a difference in just burning a building and firing gun shots into it also. Of course, if you are a drunk you might start the fire and then fire some shots into the building for fun. But, It sounds like there are some anger issues here.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I wonder if it could be a DF'd person who is really pissed off for being DF'd?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

@Brokeback Watchtower

I was wondering the same thing. If the person who is doing this lost everyone and everything he cared about as a result of their shunning. The thing that drives me nuts when watching and reading the news report about this the people who don't know what the Watchtower is really like, and they say things like

The sheriff said local Jehovah's Witnesses are "terrified."The freedom to worship is a right that should be protected for every person in our country. Our thoughts are with the members of our community affected by this abhorrent act.

or

"Jehovah's Witnesses work hard to be a force for good in their community, so violent acts like this are difficult to comprehend," the statement said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/us/jehovahs-witnesses-attacks-washington-state/index.html

If they really knew the things that group put people through, I wonder if they would still say those things?

Before anyone takes offense to what I said, I also want to say that I don't condone what this individual is doing, but I can understand why he is doing this.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The destruction of one's family relationships with the wave of Kingdom Hall authority administered without mercy could bring on such retaliation, I'm surprised this hasn't happened many times last Kingdom Hall fire I remember was by a very mad Korean unbelieving husband over his wife's attendance and that was many years ago perhaps 20 or so.

I would expect since the Society has no insurance on KH property that some might capitalize on this fact to deny profits to this ugly Corporation. So I could easily see this becoming more common as time goes on.

I would like to think that the WT corporation will start selling all it's property soon to avoid too much property value losses as their notorious nature as a blood sucking mind control cult becomes common place knowledge all over the worldwide web.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Oh crap...It's the start of The Great Tribulation ! (Sorry, had to Exclamate it.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit