Do You Know Your Blood Type?

by RAYZORBLADE 83 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

With all the information we have nowadays, out of sheer curiousity, do any of you know your blood type?

For some, I know the blood-issue is a touchy subject, but it's interesting to know it. You'd be surprised especially when the case of an rh-negative mother may give birth to an rh-positive child. Then...it makes a whole lot of difference.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know their blood type?

Mine: A Negative

• patio34
    patio34

No. But I should. Good point.

Pat

• Aztec
    Aztec

Of course Rayzor

When my son was born they had to know and it's A+ I have smart blood!

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Aztec, I'm so jealous: you got A+ in your school grades, and me being Canuck, got a damn A- .

• Scully
    Scully

Yep. O Negative. Universal Donor - meaning I can donate my blood to anybody. Canadian Blood Services loves me a lot! Hubby and kids are all O Negative too.

And what you mentioned about Rh- mom with the Rh+ baby..... scary stuff.... I've seen it a couple of times where I work..... hemolytic disease of the newborn (also called erythroblastosis foetalis) is a very nasty situation. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 26 January 2003 19:50:22

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hee hee Rayzor

Since we're friends now can please tell me what is in your profile pic? It looks scarey!

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh Aztec...yeah, those tiny jpegs, leave a lot to the imagination.

Speaking of blood types....after being in 'that car that has crashed head-on into the guard rail', it's good to know ones blood type, just in case.

So that's a 'right-off' vehicle in the guard rail, btw.

No injuries, no worries! Higher insurance rates, that's all.

Scully, yes, you are so right: O Negative, (it is rare) and it is prized because it can be given to anyone, regardless of their blood type to anyone, safely. Yup, that makes you special.

Me, I can only give to another A neg. person, or AB neg. person. I can only receive yours (O Neg) and my own. The downside of rh negative blood.

• auntiem
    auntiem

O + here. I have 3 kids, two are O+ and one is A+. The little guy with the A+ blood almost died several days after his birth due to ABO incompatabiliy, but being the fighter he is...he survived.

Hugs!

aUnTiE M

• Robdar
    Robdar

A -

• Aztec
    Aztec

Thanks Rayzor. I thought it was some weird robot head but that is way scarier.

Another reason to know your blood type: My parents have differant blood types and because the child is always born with the father's blood type all of us children had a blood incompatibility with my mother. This caused all of us children to be born severely jaundiced. With my siblings they knew to look for this but because I was the first one born they were not prepared. Fortunatly I came through okay but my parents spent a few anxious days at the hospital.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit