Do you feel safe where you live?

by Beans 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Geez Ravyn!!! And I thought South Carolina was bad. (Well, rural SC)

Remind me to bypass that part of Tenn if I'm driving to SC. Hope you get out soon!

Love...

April

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

My husband strongly encourages me to carry my .380 belly buster when I'm hiking or riding my motorcycle. I may apply for a concealed weapons permit because I feel that if its in plain sight it may cause more confrontations than its worth. I've always been successful in talking my way out of trouble, but the way the world is going I may need a little back-up. Yes, I'm comfortable using a gun and if its my life or theirs, its gonna be theirs.

Jesus did tell his disciples to carry a sword on their missionary tours....hardly usable as a hunting weapon.

• LB
    LB

I feel in no danger at all in Butte Falls. We both have concealed weapons permits and we both practice with our weapon of choice on a regular basis including competing with them.

Danger exists everywhere. My suggestion is don't depend on your police department. They are skilled at filling out crime reports. They have no value when it comes to personal protection. Be reponsible for your own safety.

• animal
    animal

I couldnt agree more LB... your right on target, so to speak.

Animal

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I live in a small town of 1700 about 40 miles southwest of Milwaukee. Lots of farmers and cornfields which are getting eaten up by suburbanization. Life is pretty slow paced around here but very safe. The major events of the day are the 12:00 noon siren and the train that goes by twice a day, that's about it. There is virtually no crime I know of, and my neighbor is a cop so that makes me feel better .

I lived on the southwest side of Milwaukee for 23 years and never did I feel unsafe or afraid to go out at night.

YellowLab

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I feel relatively safe in my town.The biggest crimes that happen here are probably shop-lifting.It's actually funny reading the police reports in our local paper(that comes out only on Fridays).A lady called the police around x-mas time to report that someone had rearranged the reindeer decorations on her front lawn into sexual positions.That's probably the worst of it.High school kids and drugs are a problem though,but that's like any other town.

I do get nervous sometimes because we have a military base in our town.My youngest started attended kindergarten on the base the month of the terrorist attacks,and it was a little frightening sending him out there.Just to get out there you had to go through the third degree.I think it's one of the only bases in the country where civilians attend school.Listening to all the jets flying overhead can be a bit disconcerting.Like Auntiem said,you know somethings up when you hear an increase in that!

• acsot
    acsot
    I live in a little town about 40 miles south of Knoxville and I do not feel safe. I am a yankee. I am an XJW. I am a Catholic(by day). I am a witch(by night). TN is the meth capitol of the USA according to latest stats. It is also now more polluted than CA. The fundys are so thick down here you can't go to Walmart without some bornagainer getting in your face at the door. Every Summer they set up a Revival Tent in their parking lot. Restaurants down here give you discounts if you bring in a slip from your churches 'altar call'. Two local politicians were murdered by the ones they were running against because they went to the wrong church. A local cop just shot and killed a family dog in a traffic stop of some out-of-towners on vacation(which he had no good reason to stop but an out of state license plate). The Catholic Church I go to can't even have its patron out front because these fundys have destroyed the 'abomination' 4 times. and don't even talk about being a different skin color. I have not seen a black person in 2 yrs. In the deep south...no blacks? The Knoxville news station goes around telling little kids the should be preachers when they grow up. We are trying to move. It looks like it will happen now in the next few weeks. I will not miss anything in eastern TN.

Ravyn: Good grief!!! I thought stuff like that was only in movies! But then, I live in the "far north" - Canada. I've been complaining about the cold weather but I think I prefer the cold to those fundies in your area! Hope you're moving to more peaceful surroundings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit