Do you feel safe where you live?

by Beans 26 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I live out in the woods.....very secluded. We do have neighbors, but they are w/in car's distance. I do feel pretty safe here........but.......a person never knows.

A couple years ago, about 15/20 miles from the house, a woman was abducted, killed, cut up and burned in a fire pit. Makes a person think twice about safety.

• animal
    animal

We all carry guns here in AZ... so I feel safe.

Animal

• Soledad
    Soledad

I live in downtown New York City. I feel perfectly safe.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I've lived in my current neighborhood for almost 2 years and have always felt safe here. That changed just a bit last week when in a nearby neighborhood, a 16 year old boy walked in a house in the middle of the afternoon and raped a 9 year old girl. The mother had just stepped 2 doors away to visit a neighbor and the creep took advantage of the opportunity. So now, yeah, I'm a bit concerned, although I agree that crime can happen just about anywhere, anytime.

I don't have a problem going places alone at night; I've just never worried much about it. I'm careful but I don't want my life and what I do dictated by fear.

Dana

• Undecided
    Undecided

I feel safe where I live. Most of the people are related to one another, I mean there are several families with kinfolk on the same street who have lived here for decades. I do use descretion if I take a walk at night with my wife, like carry my 45 automatic, not that I think I would need it, but better safe than sorry.

Ken P.

• musky
    musky

I recently added some extra height to the lookout towers on the corners of my property. Also, added more razorwire around the perimeter of the property. Those attack dogs work well, but they eat a lot of food. Also hired extra guards for 24 hour surveilance. Of course I feel safe where I live

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I feel safe in the area we live around, it's on a golf course and a circle so we can see who's coming in. when we built our house, we had several deliveries placed on the lots around us and nothing was ever taken. but if I go walking alone, I take a cell phone.

as far as the city, I stay away from the bad parts and am defensive when driving. and I don't go out at night.

for terroists we have the Stratigic Air Command Center here, it's the second place Bush went to after the 9-11 attacks.

Edited by - imanaliento on 26 January 2003 17:57:7

• Simon
    Simon

It's not too bad where we live but then I don't really like going out late at night much.

I would be hessitant to go into the middle of Manchester or many other large town-centres at night because of some of the violence. I'm not sure it is getting worse but certainly seems to be more mindless and random. You can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time and "thwack".

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I live in Toronto's eastend. It's a blue collar area, old homes (affordable mostly), and it's ethnically diverse and vibrant.

Crime? Well, there is some, but just the occasional BNE (Break and Enter). I feel safe here, despite some the cruddy spots here and there.

Generally, it's a friendly area, close to everything I could ever need, with 24 hour transit all around me. But of course, one has to be aware of their surroundings at any time.

As a side note. When I lived in a small town in Atlantic Canada, I had more encounters with hoodlams and rednecks.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I live in a little town about 40 miles south of Knoxville and I do not feel safe. I am a yankee. I am an XJW. I am a Catholic(by day). I am a witch(by night). TN is the meth capitol of the USA according to latest stats. It is also now more polluted than CA. The fundys are so thick down here you can't go to Walmart without some bornagainer getting in your face at the door. Every Summer they set up a Revival Tent in their parking lot. Restaurants down here give you discounts if you bring in a slip from your churches 'altar call'. Two local politicians were murdered by the ones they were running against because they went to the wrong church. A local cop just shot and killed a family dog in a traffic stop of some out-of-towners on vacation(which he had no good reason to stop but an out of state license plate). The Catholic Church I go to can't even have its patron out front because these fundys have destroyed the 'abomination' 4 times. and don't even talk about being a different skin color. I have not seen a black person in 2 yrs. In the deep south...no blacks? The Knoxville news station goes around telling little kids the should be preachers when they grow up. We are trying to move. It looks like it will happen now in the next few weeks. I will not miss anything in eastern TN.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit