Do you feel safe where you live?

by Beans 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

I was just driving back from the store on a street where a young man was killed a few years back, as he was murdered right on the street I often think of this every time I drive back from the store. His house was about 100 feet from where his body lie in the street and blocks from my house.

I actually feel safe where I live and do know where to go and not to in Toronto but crime happens everywhere no matter where you are, you can live in the quietest neighbourhood and right next door the worst can and has happened. Do you know where to walk at night and where not too in your town? If you feel unsafe do you want to move?

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• JH
    JH

You could live in a small town, and still be murdered. If you happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, then that can happen.

I feel safe where I live. I never did worry about that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Come live in St Jacobs- a Mennonite Town- Most are good folk. Hey come on Beans... But you have to have a car. No buses

• auntiem
    auntiem

I would like to move just because I live so close to several military bases and a missile site where they test rocket engines. Its just too noisy! The residents were I live always know when something is up with the US because jets and C-130's become very active.

aUnTiE M

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I use to live by the K.I. Sawyer Airforce base in Marquette. God it was noisy at 6:a.m. in the morning with the jets starting up. didn't like living there. Now I live in what I believe to be safer N.W. Ontario. We don't have the random murders here. We've had a few, not what I'd like to get into though.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I used to live on the near northside of Chicago. A very nice neighborhood. There was a huge park near. I used to walk to the store after dark. People would jog at night. I knew everyone in the neighborhood. Not much crime. Only if you knew and associated with gang-bangers. I walked home from work all the time and felt safe.

Since I lost my job, though, I live in a pretty bad part of town where the rent is not high. My granddaughter saw a guy get killed right in front of her school. I hate it. All I'm working on is getting out of this neighborhood.

On the other hand, I lived in South Carolina, in a small town of about 3500 people. And that's where I was raped!!

Wrong place...wrong time????

April

• Aztec
    Aztec

My neighborhood is pretty quiet but I don't think any place is really "safe". A suburb of Detroit, Livonia, was named one of the safest cities in the US but there have been several murders there lately. On the other hand, I lived in Flint, MI for several years and had no problem whatsoever walking around my neighborhood after dark. Flint is always ranked near the top of every list as far as worst cities in America to live in. I guess it's kind of funny but I always feel safer in the "hood" than in the "burbs"

~Aztec

• Xena
    Xena

I feel pretty comfortable where I live...it is in a nice area..I am in a gated apartment complex..my garage is attached to my apartment so I just drive in...shut the garage door and I am home... I don't worry about going to the grocery store at night, however I don't walk outside the complex after dark, I just don't think it is prudent for a women to do that alone anywhere if she doesn't have to....

When I go out clubbing or downtown I always take a friend. It just feels safer....lol my ex used to call me paranoid, but as I said to him...better safe than sorry!

• shera
    shera

I feel ok where I live,its not the worst place to live and its not the best.There was a family who has been kicked out of every neigbourhood,who was kicked out of here as well.Their kids would throw rocks at peoples windows(and mine) and a few broke.The police couldn't do a thing because they were under 12........ One time I looked out my door,and the boy thought I was staring at him and he told me to go back in my house...lol..well I fixed him and he never said a thing to me after that.

A few yrs back we had a peeping Tom and my sister who lived arcoss the street,saw him looking in our windows.He was looking at my ,then,10 yr old daughter.He has been gone for yrs...he had a route he would take off on and it was fenced up.A woman was mugged a few yrs back...gawd!!! Well the place has been cleaned up,thankfully! I do want to move tho.....

I used to live in a neigbourhood that was worse, many yrs ago...one man took his chainsaw and cut up peoples cars in his physco moment.A few weeks later a friend of mine,BF was murdered and was found during the spring when the snow melted.He was a great guy too,who had a lot going for him.Well I could go on and on,but I don't want to sound like I live in physco city.

In general I feel safe...lol

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think our area is very safe to live, for the most part, at least as far as crimes are concerned.

But, if there is a war, our region would be a prime attack point I think. Microsoft headquarters is about 30 minutes away, two Boeing plants, one North a few minutes, and the other South about 30 minutes. It does scare me. Plus, we are near the Pacific Coast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit