What happens to the dead?

by czarofmischief 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

They are kept as extras or props for Horror Movies .

• Navigator
    Navigator

I agree with Saint Satan on this one. I expect to survive the death experience. I believe that God wants us all in heaven and that we will all eventually get there. There may be numerous stops along the way, however.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ahhhhhh, to die.......now that would be an adventure!

Although we as humans are disorganized I dont think death is as chaotic or how could one be at peace.

Since in reality we are children even if we die at 80 we can only imagine death being an extension of what we know here i.e. beliefs like our souls roaming The Earth After Death and so on and so forth. As if a spirit free of the limitations of the physical could not in a sense look back at earth and see what is going on here with loved ones or even accomplish tasks through his own electrical spirit from a distance much like changing a channel on a TV with a remote.

If a person is Spirit when they die then they are Immortal Man and Immortal Man is Gods image. God does not roam the earth with his spiritual body to accomplish his purposes but sends instead an invisible electrical extension of himself. There for would not Spiritual Immortal Man be the same as the one who created him in His Image? Immortal Man should also be able to pay attention to the earth from whatever plane or dimension of existence he chooses to abide in.

God the divine creator of man and man in Gods likeness are inseparable, harmonious, and eternal.

The Creator furnishes the rule of perfection and brings immortality to light. God and man are not the same but in the divine spiritual plane, God and man coexist and are eternal.

God is individual and personal in a spiritual sense, but not in any anthropomorphic sense. Therefore man reflecting God, cannot lose his individuality.

Since at this time man is physical he is unable to imagine the perfect spiritual plane of existence and although the answers are right there in front of him his physical mind is unable to comprehend it.

Should I start a religion? LOL

Ty for listening,

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 27 January 2003 6:9:16

• D8TA
    D8TA

What happens to the dead?

Pffft...you people crack me up! CRACK ME UP, I SAY!

D8TAs Handy Dandy Dead & Undead Guide

Everybody knows that the DEAD become the UNDEAD and they chase you from cemeteries to white farmhouses. Then you have to board up the doors and windows to keep them out. Why? Because they have hunger for the human flesh and brains. Especially BLT's, brains-lettuce-and tomatoes, when the brains are really lean and moist...mmmmm. Anyway, sometimes they chase you to shopping malls, or they hide out in places like Raccoon City.

The only way to dispatch, or make the UNDEAD really DEAD, is to shoot them in the head or decapitation. Incineration works, but it has to be complete because then you have a bunch of skeletons chasing you around.

Also, you have to have a Short sword +1 (or better enchanted weapons) to kill undead. This, of course doesn't work completely, as vampires (which are undead) have certain resistances to some weapons. Any magically created dead (by wizards or sorcerers) can be easily dispatched if you have a friendly Cleric on hand.

Now, should the UNDEAD or DEAD take SPIRIT form, you will have the need for a proton pack. This can be dangerous, because if you cross the streams you will have complete molecular implosion. Oh, and you have to have a ghost-trap and proper spirit storage facilities.

Now, sometimes there are exception to the rules cases: An old love interest, or current failing relationship with a partner. At times these type of undead display lethargic tendencies in the bedroom or they cease any romantic activity. These types of undead cases can be easily rectified by simply walking away or having an affair on the side.

I hope this helps.

( no Undead or Dead were harmed in the making of this post, and the author releases responsibility to all activities done by current necropheliacs )

Edited by - D8TA on 27 January 2003 6:23:59

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

You been hitting the Tequila again U_R, or has Plato been visiting you in your sleep again?

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Answer me this riddler,

Showme said:

the most interesting finding was that the body loses a fraction of weight the split second brain waves stop. So what was that? does the soul have weight?

If you weigh a baloon full of air, then you let the air out, and weigh the baloon again, does it weigh the same? Just curious

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

emagine all the priests that will be crammed in hell, all on fire and screaming while satan laughs and stabs them with a fork

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Showme,

Technicly, a person dies when the brain waves stop. Brain waves are like electric impulses, energy. One of the most basic things learned in chemistry or physics is that you can not create or destroy energy.

You're misapplying physics you don't understand. Yes, brain waves are a form of energy, and yes, energy can neither be created nor destroyed but that does not mean brain waves can't be created or destroyed. The brain waves stop because the brain stops transmitting them. They don't magically go somewhere else. The energy remains stored in the cells. No laws of physics are violated.Computers transmit data using energy too, but it's absurd to suggest that when the computer stops working that a stream of binary code lives on in the spirit world.

There was an actual study that weighed dying patients and recorded every thing possible. the most interesting finding was that the body loses a fraction of weight the split second brain waves stop. So what was that? does the soul have weight?

When and where was this study? How much weight was lost? How did they find terminally ill patients willing to undergo the extensive monitoring needed? Were the results replicated by any other studies?

It is very interesting that documented cases of people who have been recorded as clinicly dead, then revived, all had simular life after death experiences.

It's also very interesting that these experiences can be induced in people who aren't dying, and that they are explainable in purely natural terms.

I just don't buy that the soul dies with the body. It seems to closed minded and ignorant of a view to me.

I understand that you don't "buy" this, but why are you so dismissive of this viewpoint? It seems to be consistent with the available evidence, as well as being the most elegant and simple explanation. Not believing something unproven and unlikely does not make one "closed minded and ignorant".

But, if you believe there is no concequence of sin, (like decieving people) then it makes it easier to sleep at night.

I hope I'm wrong but this sounds very similar to the typical atheist-bashing "argument" that people pretend not to believe in gods to escape their moral responsibility. Deceiving people does have consequences, whether you believe in an afterlife or not.

I believe in possibilities.

As do I. We differ in that I refuse to believe in impossibilities.

• LB
    LB

I have reservations with dead headquarters to oil up those 30 virigins.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, normally it's a toss-up between burial and cremation, although some cultures expose the corpse to the elements. Mummification used to be the rage amongst the well-to-do, and I can think of at least one person who was stuffed.

As for anything else... no repeatable scientific evidence of any continuing existence in any way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit