What happens to the dead?

by czarofmischief 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm curious about your opinions, post JW. Please refrain from serving me a Swedish Chef smorgasboard of quoted/pasted materials. I don't read them anyway. 30 words should cover the truth if there is one - if not, seek ye Occam's Razor.

CZAR

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They change form

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The body rots. . . the end.

• not interested
    not interested

the dead become fertilizer and they push up daisies thats about it

• Gopher
    Gopher

Something happens. Maybe. We will find out. If it's important. When it's important.

• Debz
    Debz

I believe once ya dead ya dead!!

• showme
    showme

Technicly, a person dies when the brain waves stop. Brain waves are like electric impulses, energy. One of the most basic things learned in chemistry or physics is that you can not create or destroy energy. There was an actual study that weighed dying patients and recorded every thing possible. the most interesting finding was that the body loses a fraction of weight the split second brain waves stop. So what was that? does the soul have weight? It is very interesting that documented cases of people who have been recorded as clinicly dead, then revived, all had simular life after death experiences. I just don't buy that the soul dies with the body. It seems to closed minded and ignorant of a view to me. But I can understand how one might believe other wise. None of us really know for sure until we face death our selves. But, if you believe there is no concequence of sin, (like decieving people) then it makes it easier to sleep at night. I believe in possibilities. I believe it is possible that none of us knows what happens. personally, I think we join God when we die. I pray I am right.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I believe that when a person dies (if they believe in Jesus Christ), their spirit/soul goes to be with the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven, "resting" until the Resurrection, at which time they will be given a new "spiritual body".

I believe that when a person dies (if they do not believe in Jesus Christ), their spirit/soul goes to Hades, a place of complete separation from God, and eventually, they will be thrown into the permanent "Lake of Fire" called "Gehenna".

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What happens to the dead? Just leave em on the door stoop, or in the gutter, we'll try to have em picked up by morning.

My personal belief. We go to heaven, or to hell, and in the end are reunited with our physical bodies if we're in heaven.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The body rots. The spirit is liberated, as it is partially during some nde's and obe's. The spirit goes where it wants. What it wants depends a lot on what type of person it was, spiritual practices, desires, predominant emotions, etc. Some continue to rome the earth, some go to hells, some go to higher levels. It's evolution on the spiritual planes, as it is on our dimension. God doesn't intervene on the spirit level, any more than the sun intervenes in our lives on the earth. But, there are influences from those directions. IMO

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit