feeling of hopelessness and fear

by 060702015 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you Vinman for a very honest answer . I do wonder how many Witnesses have that fear of something happening that would require them to test their loyalty to the org. So perhaps not the really indoctrinated ones .I suppose that it is people who have learned ,or are learning , TTATT that this is a problem for .

It is nice to hear that they have not managed to take your faith from you

Jan.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    I don't feel hopeless or fearful, but I do sometimes feel rudderless.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I went through some serious feelings of unease, fear, loss, depression and even, once at a very low point, suicidal feelings.

It passes. It gets better. Soooo much better! Ive never been happier and more empowered, and i was a pretty cocky and confident person in the cult as it was :) the anxiety and fear comes from having from your support and cooping mechanisms taken away (meaning you cant relie on the org or the desert god to handle things for you)

focus on developing new stratagies for handling things, thinking things through. It really does get better!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

060702015 - "do you envy happy Jehovah Witnesses and living their lives carefree?"

I dunno...

...I'm trying to remember if I ever met any.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jhine - " I do wonder how many Witnesses have that fear of something happening that would require them to test their loyalty to the org."

Most, I suspect; I certainly did.

I also figured I'd probably cave.

I actually think most modern-day JWs would cave, FTM; they're a pretty soft bunch, these days.

• rebel8
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

060702015 - "do you have feelings of hopelessness and fear for not having a religion? do you envy happy Jehovah Witnesses and living their lives carefree?"

Sounds like a late-night infomercial...

x

Sanderson: "Do you have feelings of hopelessness and fear for not having a religion?"

Morris: "Do you envy happy Jehovah's Witnesses and living their lives carefree?"

Lett: "Do you feel disturbed by the possibility of having to think for yourself?"

Sanderson: "If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Open your internet browser and go to JW-dot-org..."

Sanderson, Morris, Lett: "...Watchtower."

Sanderson: "Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your religious high-control group needs..."

Sanderson, Morris, Lett: "...We're ready to convert you."

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

The JW's living their carefree lives!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit