feeling of hopelessness and fear

by 060702015 37 Replies latest jw friends

do you have feelings of hopelessness and fear for not having a religion?

do you envy happy Jehovah Witnesses and living their lives carefree?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, no hopelessness and fear at all, why would I feel that? I'm loving life and having a great time.

You must have been in a different congregation than me, I don't remember many of them being happy at all. One elder in the last congregation beat his wife and killed himself when his children took her away from him in fear for her life. Yeah, don't remember the happy.

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414

Nope, never been happier in my life. In fact, I was depressed and in a very, very, very dark place with no love for myself being a JW. Leaving literally saved my life. Can't even really express how meaningful that was for me.

Most JW's don't have a carefree life. There are too many rules and regulations. It's being in an abusive relationship.

I envy no one. If there's something I want or improvements I can make to better myself and my situation, I take responsibility and make it happen. I can do that now that I'm flying free.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    What JWs are living a carefree life? Maybe they have some false security from their delusion, but ultimately the delusion will catch up with them and cost them much more in the long term.
  • SoCal101
    SoCal101
    You must be trippin'!!
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated

Carefree? I'm an outsider looking in, never been one and the organization and lifestyle makes me feel claustrophobic, wanting to run for my life.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Not hopelessness or fear. But possibly envy. Hence my name. Believing is simple. My dub friends ( I am still in) are true believers and still have a good time. But I earnestly believe that the pain that I will feel as I leave the Borg is well worth the legacy of not raising my two little princesses (they are still very young) in a cult.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    With all due respect, I wouldn't call our lives as JW's as carefree. The unending/man made rules were ridiculous. I don't envy anyone who is still in. In fact...I feel sorry for them. Freedom is a wonderful feeling!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

O6072015, having read your other threads, it appears to me you are suffering from depression. Please seek professional counseling and get some help for this, there are many things that can be done to help you. I don't think going back to the JWs is going to help you. It may seem like they are happy, but for many, that is an act they put on when they are at the Kingdom Hall, the reality of life at home is much different. Of course some people are happy as JWs, but I suspect they are people that would be happy anywhere, some of us just were not born with the right brain chemistry for that, in which case being a JW just makes you more miserable.

If you want a religious experience there are many churches that can fill a spiritual need without the guilt and burdens of life as a Jehovah's Witness. I personally like the UCC (United Church of Christ) also called Congregational. Their motto is that "wherever you are in life's journey, you are welcome here" and they mean it. But before you do that you simply must address your depression. Please, please call a professional counselor or psychologist.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

At one time I did feel worried that I did not have a religion. Now I don't. It just isn't necessary for me and makes me feel very unhappy. Religion just isn't my thing.

Sometimes when you are depressed, it seems like everyone else but you is happy and having a good life.

But, depression lies. I agree with LisaRose. Please get evaluated for depression. It is treatable, and once your mind clears, you can then better make the big decisions in life like Religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit