1) How long have you been a fader for? Never was a fader we left..... that was 48 years or so ago. We moved, some how our publisher's cards went missing. That was strange because I was the publisher card servant.
2) How often do you still get pressure from congregation members and/or family to return as an active witness? Never when we left we were in the wind.
3) What is the longest period you have ever known anyone to successfully fade? A successful fade in my view, would be someone who has faded for a period of time but no longer receives any pressure to return to active service (completely left alone).
My wife and I
4) If you have been a fader for more than two years, do you fear you would eventually have to face DA or DF?
I suppose it is possible we live in a small city...... population 7000....... know a couple of the JW's socially. We don't discuss the religion...... they like to hang with us because we are funny and thoughtful and willing to discuss anything else. Among our friends I rip the WTBTS a new one any chance I get.
5) As faders, how many of you are being treated as if you were DF'd/DA'd?
My cousin who is my age and a JW calls me once a month her brother who's at the farm hasn't spoken to me for over 40 years. My niece who was born 7 years after we left will not visit........ I'm fine with it.
6) Have you faded rather than DA'd due to the possible loss family or is it because you have no network of friends outside the Org? In the mid 1960's you weren't shunned if you DA. We actually had a net work of ex JW's friends so it wasn't a problem.
7) If you consider yourself a fader how many meetings/assemblies/ field service groups do you still attend on average per month?
8) As a fader do you feel that the Org is completely powerless over your life? As one who left........ Absolutely!