How Do You Feel About President Bush?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

By the way, the situation we have today was created by the previous administration.

RE: The economy?

Not really. The Clinton gov't certainly did nothing to temper the too-rapid growth it was going through, but it didn't CAUSE IT. It just didn't PREVENT it.

RE: Saddam?

Surely you jest? It was Reagan who propped up Saddam's Iraq, and funded the Afghan Mujahadeen, and Bush-1 who fought half a war, leaving in its wake a myriad of UN sanctions. All Clinton ever did was lob a few cruise missiles here and there when a distraction from domestic affairs was 'needed' - hardly the cause of this situation.

Edited by - Xander on 24 January 2003 12:30:44

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think he is an embarrassment. I can't stand to listen to him speak, because intelligent or not, he comes off poorly. He speaks like he has an eight grade education, and I know that isn't true.

For what it's worth, he is just a figurehead. I'm positive he doesn't make any decisions without approval of whoever is really behind him.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Petty,

You said,

Bush is pure evil....and whether people realize it or not I believe he is the worst representative of this country that I have ever seen in my time. Not that Silly Willy was any better - but at least he would TRY to get along with other people & countries

Pure evil? Please tell me that's a bit of hyperbole. You may perceive him as the worst rep of our government, but that's your opinion and not support by anything called facts.

I'd say Bush is trying to get along with other people and other countries too, just not the ones trying to hurt the US or our interests. This whole North Korea thing goes on his shoulders.

When he was bombing Serbia UNILATERALLY, he sure was getting along with other countries.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

He's done well. Point Blank, and so far he continues to do well. I trust that his interests are in the protection of the United States and her allies.

Why? Because he could be riding this roller coaster alot quieter waiting for that second term. He's making waves while heading into election time, and he'd only risk that if he truly cared. Clinton was a mistake we'll not soon forget, he was on TV every night (it seemed - missed seinfeld for 8 years:) fluffing us up with one line of shit or another to ensure his 2nd term. Don't you think these guys know that the Presidency can't be had by flapping their lips to the likes of the easily wavered American people? As a whole we're about as stupid as they come, and we swallow all their talk. This guy backs up his talk, he does what he says he's going to do, right or wrong, he does it.

President Bush is a refreshing change for the United States.

Bush talks with Sen. Schumer, Gov. Pataki and rescue workers in front of the World Trade Center rubble.

Listen to the Lambs Roar! The 'Other Sheep' are Silent No More! LambsRoar.org Abuse Survivors FOR Abuse Survivors
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well He's no Reagan (All of my lovely Dove flying peace lovers should be thankfull).

However, its nice to have a President who at least has some balls.

Reagan: I just bombed Kadafi's house and tommorow Im going to Nuke China.

Bush Sr: Well, I know we just whipped up Saddam but I need to go pee-pee so lets stop the war.

Clinton: Armored support for our light infantry? Why waste tax payers money?? What?!! You mean we lost 18 people due to my bad planning??? RETREAT!!! Let the Skinnies win!!!!! Oh, and when's that money coming in from China?? I really want to unload all of these Nuclear Secrets so I can buy a dildo for Monica.......

Bush Jr: Saddam, you are making me mad, and the funny thing about mad is sometimes I express it in a physical way.....

• Valis
    Valis

Yeru...why is he not intelligent enough to say nuclear instead of nukular? If he has all those smart people around him why in the hell doesn't someone let him know how dumb it sounds coming out of his mouth?

Why is it he has been pushing to drill in Alaska? His buddies in the oil business that's why!

Why is it he has busily pushed for repeal of many EPA and forestry regulations? Big business with no regard for our national forests or free open green spaces that are very important to our country.

Why is it he spends little if any time on the public agenda? His version of public policy is to cut funding for the arts and impose his version of morality on the rest of us.

He appointed the president of my college, who is an old Southern Baptist minister, to the National Council for The Humanities...that's a smart move huh?

http://www.artscope.net/NEWS/new02262002-2.shtml yuck!

You think that wasn't done to impose a little god on the arts?

*LOL* I just heard this woman on CNN liken Georgie Porgie's current evidence of Iraqi WMD to the Raelians evidence of cloned babies...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Xander
    Xander

Reagan: I just bombed Kadafi's house and tommorow Im going to Nuke China.

LOL!

So, your assessment of a president's worth is based on his inability to find a peaceful solution to a problem?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Bush has my support. There is hope for our Republic!

Edited by - thichi on 24 January 2003 12:57:19

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

LOL!

So, your assessment of a president's worth is based on his inability to find a peaceful solution to a problem?

Xander, sometimes war is the only solution. I dont remember Hitler sitting down and saying, "jes, I guess I should stop killing all these people. Shit, we need some Peace around here...."

Xander, look at Jimmy Carter and all the Peace that he brought with his policies...NOT. Everything he did led to increased conflict because all the world leaders thought he was a big pussy. Look what happened after he gave away the Panama canal! We had to go back in there and get it back!

• Xander
    Xander

Sorry, but color me skeptical. A man who resurrects 4 WW2 battleships just to give himself a bigger fleet quicker....

I mean, c'MON, there is just no REASON for that....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit