How Do You Feel About President Bush?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Aztec,

That made me laugh. It would definitely help if he comported himself more eloquently. Bush was my second choice. McCain was my first. But even if Clinton was prezzy right now, I'd support him in this effort to get rid of the Butcher.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Country Girl erroneously states:

We voted him in.. Why are we goin crazy NOW? When we voted him in.. we voted to believe everything he represented. Only we.. only we can stop

Please have a look at the official 2000 Presidential General Election final tally results as provided on the government's own website:

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/2000presgeresults.htm

As you will note when looking at the number of people who voted for Bush versus the number of people who voted for Gore, you will notice 543,000 MORE people voted for Al Gore, so the general consensus, or "we" as you so eloquently put it, did NOT vote him in.

Instead, an obsolete system known as the electoral college which promotes the idea that one state's votes are more important than another (and subsequently explains why all candidates campaign in specific "swing" states i.e. California, New York, Texas, Illinois / after all, under the electoral college system, a candidate need only win 11 specific states to win the entire nation) is responsible for the nomination of George W. Bush as U.S. President, along with the fact that conveniently his brother Jeb was Governor of the state embroiled in the voting controversy where officially only 537 more voters selected Bush over Gore (when hundreds of thousands of African-American voters were disenfranchised)

http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/elections/results.htm

or if you stop to consider the facts by researching biographies of the Supreme Court Justices:

http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/justices/fullcourt.html

that very conveniently seven of the nine Supreme Court Justices sitting on the bench at the time of Bush v. Gore came to pass were appointed or promoted to their position by a Republican Administration (most notably Reagan and Bush I who were responsible for 4 appointees, but also leftovers from both Nixon and Ford), you see where the skewed perspective lies, and that they know where their bread is buttered, and acted accordingly.

Rabid conservatives may be irritated at the information I have presented, but it is all indisputable fact.

Educate yourselves.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, Perry at least you are balanced. I read the article you posted (no easy task with a six year old practising karate moves in the room) and found it ineresting even though I don't agree. Count me in as a disciple of Darwin, Marx et al

Reborn, YUP

As always "Free thinkers are dangerous"

~Aztec

• Soledad
    Soledad

*looking at reborn's post and slyly smirking to herself*
    this is why I love this board

• Realist
    Realist

bush is certainly not the brightest light under the sun...but it doesn't matter who is the president...they are all puppets doing as told by the people behind them.

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

Bush is better than Gore. And thus by extension better than Clinton, since Al Gore IS Bill Clinton without the entertainment factor.

But it is a moot point. The difference between Republican and Democrat is the difference between a cheeseburger and a plain hamburger.

The Senate is where the power lies. And where power _lies_. And, of course the special interests that control the Senators. While the faces (rarely) of Senators change theirs never do.

• minimus
    minimus

Veteran White House correspondent, Helen Thomas, said,Bush "is the worst president in all of American history".....I guess she doesn't like him too much.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

In theme with Dubya giving the State of the Union Address tonight as I compose this post, I noticed over 72 hours have passed and none of the countless frothing-at-the-mouth rabid Republican supporters and conservatives who post on this board have attempted to debunk the evidence and facts I have presented.

Why am I not surprised? In the face of facts those who are passionate about a topic but have no ground to stand on do the only thing they can.

They avoid the issue and instead tuck tail and run.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 28 January 2003 21:15:56

• minimus
    minimus

Obviously, not everyone views the Electoral College as obsolete....not even the "rabid" Democrats and Independents.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Ah yes, leave it to Poll Boy to only make a statement regarding my personal opinion on the Electoral College, and not the facts I presented showing the disenfranchised voters, the larger percentage of the American people who voted for Gore, and the political leanings of the current Supreme Court. (is that an intentional omission by the way, or are you always so stupid? Judging by your posts on a daily basis, I am leaning towards the latter)

Go back to spamming the board with your inane questions minimus. When you are capable of intellectual debate, then you have permission to leave the kiddie table and come visit the grown-up table.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 28 January 2003 21:55:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit