I am moving but where to?

by Aztec 50 Replies latest jw friends

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Ditto to what RubyTuesday said. About the shopping though, we have several outlet stores in the area and L.A. is only 3 1/2 hours away to the south, and San Francisco 4 1/2 hours to the north. From one single parent to another, Central Coast California is a great place to raise kids and the schools around here have done a really great job with support for my ADHD son. On top of all that, I spent 2 hours yesterday soaking up some sun at the local nude beach where it was 77 degrees.

Something to think about,

Anton

Edited by - coolbreeze on 24 January 2003 9:44:46

• SYN
    SYN

Don't even THINK about coming to South Africa unless you own an AK47 as well as an armoured car.

Only kidding. Most Americans living in South Africa live like kings, thanks to our exchange rate, and SA is basically like a high-crime version of California (or so I hear)...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How about Dallas?

You'd get to hang out with all of us Texas Apostates any time you're heart desired... not to mention the fact that Texas doesn't have a state income tax.

• auntiem
    auntiem

Hey Aztec!

Moving to a new location is certainly fun and exciting, but it can be kind of scary too. Remember where you are going you probably won't know a lot of people, and there is the child care issue for your son when you go to work, and speacking of work you don't want to end up moving to a real nice city or town just to find out that the economy is really bad and you can't locate a decent job! I found this cool link for you. I hope it helps.

http://www.employmentspot.com/features/bestcities.htm

Love Ya Doll!

Yer aUnTiE M

• Valis
    Valis

yes come on down to Texas! If we could get everyone to move to Texas things would be so much easier..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like living in the Dallas area. Compared to some places, the cost of living isn't too bad and you can find some really good schools in certain suburbs. Our mass transit system is a huge joke, but you can get around okay if you put your mind to it. Problem is, most of us are so used to using our cars that we can't break the habit. However, out in the 'burbs they're starting to get trains that go downtown, a novel concept.

Why don't you come down for the Great International Apostafest in March and check it out?

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Well, it's settled then Aztec... you're coming to Dallas!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I would stay away from the Northwest......the west coast all together, it's too expensive.

Metro NY is too expensive as well, but of course the best on place on earth to live

PA is nice, and CHEAP!

You can rent an apartment for a couple of hundred bucks a month. My wife works with the mentally challenged in Scranton, PA

She can get you all the info you need, maybe even a job if you're into that kind of thing.

Portland Maine is about a nice as it gets, and it's not that expensive, If you stick to the suburbs. You can live right near the ocean for next to nothing. I'm not real sure about the job thing though, but Boston is only like an hour away, and I 'think' they have a commuter train now between Boston/Portland.

We'll be up there in the next couple of weeks, if you need info we can get it for you. Last I knew you could rent an apartment by the week, that was real common a few years ago, which makes it MUCH easier to move in.

If you come to the Northeast, I can help you out with info. I might even be able to put you to work, trouble is, I don't provide health insurance, and you'll need it for the little one. ALTHOUGH, PA has an awesome health insurance deal for both Children and Adults. I don't know the specifics, but I saw it on the news. It's a new deal, they want everyone in the state covered, no matter what your financial status is. So, if you make good money, but your job doesn't give you insurance, you can join the state 'co-op' I guess you'd call it, for really good rates. And then if you don't make really good money, it goes on a sliding fee scale. Whatever it is, it's supposed to be real good.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents :)

If you need anything, my email is open

• JeffT
    JeffT

I have to add my voice to the Seattle choir. There are some affordable areas, there are also good opportunities if you have some skills and work hard. The area is beautiful, woods, mountains, water etc. After you've been here a while you'll grow your webbed feet and not notice the rain. Besides, there's a big nest of xjw's here to keep you company.

• Mum
    Mum

Home means Nevada, Home means the hills, Home means the sage and the pines, out by the Truckee's silvery rills, out where the sun always shines.....

I am a Tennesseean transplanted to Nevada. I love my adopted home state -- lots easier to make money here. And there's lots more room.

Where you go may depend on what you want to do for a living and what leisure pursuits you enjoy. If you'd like to be a cocktail waitress (megamoney in Vegas!) or a bartender (ditto), Las Vegas is the place. But one is not confined to these occupations. If you like the night life, go for it.

Nevada is not a place for anyone with a predeliction to substance abuse or gambling -- those folks get in big trouble and usually have to move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit