I am moving but where to?

by Aztec 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Hard to beat Atlanta. Good mass transit. Lots of jobs. Lots of single people runnin' round. The Atlanta Ski Club has eight zillion members and is always looking for more. Plus, it's in the south where women are idolized. Lots of housing from standard to ultra-funky and everything in between. And if you need to get back home for any reason, theres lots of Interstate highway between here and there. The entire Atlanta area is packed with 900 single people on each and every corner. It's a great deal, but with much less snow., we can kick up a real zinger of a snow storm on really short notice. Come for a visit and stay forever.

francois

• Mackin
    Mackin

Aztec:

You could always move to New Zealand. With the exchange rate such as it is you'd be twice as rich once you got here. $1 US = $2 NZ (approx).

Forget Aussie, it's hot, dry and smelly, and your house burns down every couple of years. (sorry, that was a bit mean).

Mackin (of the "don't hurt me" class)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Just wait until you step off the plane in March, Mackin

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Aztec~

Take me with you!!!!! It is 2 degrees up here right now. Brrrrrrrr.......I wanna move out of Michigan too!!!!!!

Awww...you won't be a troll anymore! (troll being used as an affectionate name for people under the "big bridge" here in Michigan!) Lucky thing!

Good luck!!!!

~Asortafairytale~

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Aztec,

I beg you not to come to Jersey....it's expensive, loud, irritating, the people suck, Pennslyvanians invade our sweet shores every summer with their shitty cars and left lane driving, the government's a mess, jobs are on the decline, and we're stuffed between two cities that are too big for their britches (henceforth, they like to dump their garbage on us).

I love it here, but I'm sure you wouldn't.

ash

• Realist
    Realist

i recommend vienna austria

• Xena
    Xena

Austin Baybeeee.....it's a great place to live...very laid back...live music...rolling hills and lots of lakes. If you have any computer skills you can get a pretty good job here. It is a bit expensive though, but seems to be getting less so lately...

Check it out http://www.austin360.com/

edited to add...I just remembered you work in an art gallery, right? lots of artists of all kinds here....just thought I would throw that out there

Edited by - Xena on 24 January 2003 8:8:17

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hey there Az,

I would suggest to you these cities:

1. Houston or Dallas - Both have pretty good year round climates. Job economy is fairly good and cost of living is decent too. Of course, there are bad and good places to live in both. They both are huge areas, so finding just the right spot should not be too difficult.

2. Portland/Vancouver - Although you will hear many people telling you that it is dreary most of the time, I think they say that only to keep people from moving there! It's really not all that bad. A far cry from the frigid winters you have to put up with here in MI.

3. Anywhere in southern California(or northern Mexico as some say) - Of course the cost of living is much higher, but there are a few areas in which it is not. Compton comes to mind. But the weather does stay above 60-70 most of the year.

4. Kansas City - Nice town on the west side. There is a strip, can't remember the road, where hookers and dealers line the street for miles upon miles in a north-south direction. Stay to the west of this area and you will be just fine. Cost of living is good. Weather is not bad either.

5. St. Louis - Similar to KC in many ways.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Move to Central California.We have the best weather...if it gets a little below 60degrees we complain that its too cold..if it gets a little over 80 degrees we complain that it's too hot.Your son will have a blast surfing,skateboarding, hiking and rollerblading.I have a great fun kick back job,sometimes driving (5 minutes) to the beach on my lunch break.The prices of homes are going down. I live in a half million dollar home and only pay 600.00 a month.. I have a veiw of the ocean from my deck and a hottub.

Veiw from my deck.....ahhhhh...life is good!!

There is one draw back...nowhere to freakin shop!!!

Thank God for the internet!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Well, should you decide to stay in Michigan, I would suggest you move out to the burbs with me. Hartland has a national recognized school system (especially for those w/special needs) and the people are GREAT!! Either here or Saline, where I would hazard to say that I even know of a single mom who would perhaps will even be looking for a roomate about the same time you are moving out (its freaky how this all came together - she will be moving out about the same time, has 1 kid & will probably need a roommate - she is also ex-JW and trying to go to school while working part time).

Anyways - you have my email - give me a shout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit