Strangest thing you were called on the carpet for.

by Icansaylucky 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• alamb
    alamb

Having Cheerios in my pocket for my 2 year old at meeting. They even had stacks of bound volumes waiting for me on respecting the k.h.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not "carpet", but anyway: I visited some friends in Germany and was at the book study. A boy aged some 15 gives an answer, it is not quite correct, and the book study conductor takes off his glasses, looks at him and says in a harsh voice: "Don't irritate me with wrong answers!"

One red-faced youngster sits oh so quiet for the rest of the meeting.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Jesika, it's such a mistake to make a worldly boy the forbidden fruit. I am grateful that my mother wasn't a freak about us seeing worldly boys. I think she knew that we would sneak if she didn't let us, so she would let us but only when she was there. So they would come over and hang with the family and she would sometimes study with them. They would all love my mother. I had two sisters and all three of us and my two younger brothers married witnesses. We all had disaster marriages, all three girls were divorced. All three of us girls were 18 when we married. So ridiculous. I would never encourage my 18 year old to get married, that is so common amongst witnesses. I don't want to offend anyone, but I think witnesses have more potential for a dysfunctional marriage than worldly people, because they usually have so many issues from being brought up a witness. Plus they (not all) get married without benefit of being in love, just to get out of their strict homes and so they can have sex. All three of us girls were virgins when we got married, but big deal we were only 18 years old, no big accomplishment.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Razorblade, maybe he was jealous that you didn't ask him.

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

I was called into the "doom room" for sitting next to my to-be wife (although we didn't really know it at the time) at the meeting.

We had been getting to know one another among a group of friends and had innocently become good friends. I guess the PO just gave us a big shove in the right direction but i was so embarassed because we really hadn't thought that far ahead and hadn't thought about where it was leading to.

The other elder was a good friend of mine and he was more embarassed than i was. I think the PO in our cong used to like to make things up as he went along when it came to issues within the cong.

I have just signed up to the forum but have been lurking for a month and am amazed at how alike us lost ones are.

Anyway Hi everyone......

Kwijibo

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

kwijibo, I read your profile and you didn't give an indication as to why you decided to leave. Do you feel like sharing? If not just welcome.

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

I decided to leave over a very long time. I think i just felt like a square peg in a round hole. I was brought up as a witness - dad was an elder, and i think i just kept going. Till one day my wife, who is fairly ill most of the time, recieved the worlds biggest tearing down (counseling) from another sister and said she wasn't going anymore and i agreed with her and said i wasn't going anymore. Problem was that my wife decided to continue going.

I think i realized that i wasn't really a witness a few years back - seeing my oldest daughter trying at the door and almost being in tears from embarassment really hurt and i heard a saying which really struck me: Just because you go to church doesn't make you a christian. I think that applies to at least 3/4 of the people that go to the meetings and i don't want to be a hypocrite anymore. The people who rock up once a year to the memorial really get my goat i mean why would you bother? (It has always struck me as and odd out of place ceremonial thing anyway)

Since leaving i have noticed how much guilt i was carrying around with me and feel completely free and easy nowadays.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

kwijibo, sorry your wife didn't join you. Is she upset with you for your decision?

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

My wife doesn't show it to much but the kids ask me awkward questions every now and again - like: do you want to die at armageddon? It is so hard to explain to a child but i hope they can see that there is an alternative to being a follower and decide for themselves later.

I noticed a few posts from other parts of the forum that some jws are staying in for their families and i think thats what i was doing for quite some time if not always but when you make a break it is hard to put yourself back in the situation you were really not liking to much but didn't fully realize why.

• joanne_
    joanne_

hi kwi....i know exactly how you feel....i felt near the end that i just didnt quite fit into the puzzle...you know that piece that does not quite fit...looks like it does...but just does not fit...and basically thats how it is and thats all there is to it. simple...i still love god and jesus, always will and nobody can tell me otherwise.

so take care

joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit