Strangest thing you were called on the carpet for.

by Icansaylucky 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Another time, I was asked to drive my vehicle in a parade. The theme of the parade was "Pioneer Days." No holiday issues, no political issues, just a good time parade in the City of Twentynine Palms.

I agreed and got to drive. I even won an award for my vehicle (a 1926 Model T). The brothers went ape s**t. I was an MS then, and really got a tongue lashing from the PO and then the CO.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tisk-tisk-tisk ThiChi...

You should have know better than to be a part of such an evil worldly festival. Don't you know that you brought down an enormous amount of reproach upon Jehovah's name and his organization by driving a 1926 Model T like that???

• jaded
    jaded

This was something I observed after the Watchtower Study... A little boy who could not have been more than three years old was being counseled by the Watchtower conductor and the child's mother. The kid messed up his rehearsed answer and the conductor was sternly telling him that this was serious business and that he would not call on him if he was going to fool around. You would think this little boy had committed the unforgivealble sin. You would think that stupid things like this would have made me walk out and never look back many years before I finally did! How rediculous!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Three years old are supposed to do adorable things like that in front of people.

If it really was such an important event, then what the hell was he doing with a three year old in the part to begin with???

• undercover
    undercover

I am just dumbfounded by some the things mentioned here. Colored dress shirts. Stamps. Feeding ducks. I guess I must have been in a pretty lenient area.

I was counseled a couple(or three or four) times on grooming, once on not owning a four door car and once for some silly parlor game that someone took as a demonic ritual and complained to the elders about. And these counselings came from one elder(two for the parlor game). And each time they said the same thing, that technically there wasn't any scriptural backing but in order to maintian harmony and a spirit of cooperation I should comply with their wishes. Of course I acted the part and did just enough to show my cooperation. I bought a used four door car just for service. Never drove it to meetings or anywhere else. Just service. Trimmed my mustache and kept my hair off my collar, barely. Didn't play the parlor game anymore(it was stupid anyway). I never considered these things too serious since it was not coming from a committee or the Society. Especially since only one elder was present. I figured it was just their own little pet peeve. So I played along just enough to keep them off my back. Now I wish I had handled it differently. I would have liked to tell them to mind their own business. It really is amazing, looking back, how we let ordinary people control us so tightly, that we can't even make everyday decisions for ourselves. It really has f___ed some of us up.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Elsewhere:

Your point is well taken! Looking back now, it was all a bunch of crap.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

jadeds, that is so disgusting!!!!

• Jesika
    Jesika

My father was an elder in our KH, my grandfather was the PO, and my family was very well known to say the least. So, I found my self being dragged to the back room constintly!!!!

They counseled me alot about profanity (had alot of taddlers in my cong), but the one that sticks out (other than the one that got me df'd) is this one.................

It was the last day of school, I was in the 6th grade. A boy from another class offered to help me carry my stuff home. We had to clean out our lockers, and I had alot of stuff to carry. His house was on the way to my house ( I was walking home that day).

So, my sister (2yrs younger) me, and Danny (I had a crush on him, but being a JW,I couldn't even hold hands) set out to walking home. Even if I wanted to hold his hand, I couldn't cause his hands were FULL carrying my books, and the rest of my things too.

To my dismay, my father drives up just as we got in frount of Danny's house. My father's face is BEET RED!!! He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo mad at me for walking home with a boy. I knew I was in trouble, and after being embarressed in frount of Danny, I said goodbye as I hung my head.

We got in the car and the barage of ?'s started. Then at the next meeting, I was called to the back for walking home with Danny. The reason was "bad associations" 1Cor 15:33. So, I got a nice tounge (sp?) lashing and my dad was happy to see me cry and say I was sorry, which I had already done at home, but he saw the need to bring me to the other elders and make me feel even worse. It wasn't like we were alone, my sister was with me and she would tell on me ALL THE TIME!

I was 12 when that happened, and after more "meetings" in the back, at age 15 I purposely got myself Df'd and haven't looked back.

Jesika

• Mystla
    Mystla

Avishai and Swan.. I was counciled over those same damned ducks!!!! Why they felt the need to put in a duck pond that no one was supposed to look at... I'll never know!

I was also in trouble a couple times for swearing. Once I horribly offended a sister by saying that something "sucked" and another time my sister ratted on me for saying that I "screwed up" *gasp* the filth that came out of my f***en mouth!!!

I was also repeatedly hauled into the back room for not making my 90 hours a month as a pioneer.. maybe I would have done better now that they only have to get 70 hours a month, since my average was about 80

Mystla

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Leave it to Rayzorblade. You know despite how sweet and innocent I may have been, I guess I was not, to some people.

A JW wedding. I'll never forget it. It was actually fun, or it was for awhile.

The brother who was getting married, I knew his family well. The other three siblings were way older than I was, and married into JW families as well. I was quite fond of this family. The brother's older sister in attendance was a real hoot, and loads of fun to be with, but her husband was one of these no fun elders.

I remember people would dance, and the music was innocuous enough. Everyone was seemingly having a good time. So, I remember asking the brother's eldest sister for a dance, and she was OK with it, but then along comes the elder husband, admonishing me on how inappropriate this would be, and that it could stumble on-lookers (event held at a Howard Johnsons). The wife of the elder looked at him, no impressed, but she remained quiet. I was hurt, as this was done in the presence of other people.

So, after a half hour or so, I ask just another JW in attendance, another sister, but single to dance. Guess who notices? You guessed it. He comes over, in his monotone voice counselling me on my decision to dance with this sister.

I was speechless; he's an elder, I'm a publisher. No comeback was dared.

Later on, I do dance with a crowd of JWs - getting into it again, and of course one of the unbaptized sisters and I are coupled off.

You'll never guess what?

Uh huh, back he comes. Same old line and same monotonous diatribe 'think about your actions','be mindful that we do not stumble on-lookers','you're an unbaptized young man and this is unacceptable'.

Ya wanna know something? He wasn't even an elder from the area, let alone the province. He just happened to be related by marraige. He was SO NO FUN!

Later, I am seated, very depressed and down. I am not dancing, I'm just seated there not feeling happy for anything, not even the couple that got married. I was really depressed and I was about ready to leave, walking a long ways home (5 miles).

As I am sitting there, a hand lands on my shoulder from behind.

GUESS WHO?

'Hey, why are you looking so sad?'

Can you believe it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit