Strangest thing you were called on the carpet for.

by Icansaylucky 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I must have missed the "must wear a suit" scripture.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Texas Apostate, sounds like you had your own designated chair in the library (committee room). Unbelievable, talk about harrassment.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

blondie, are you male or female? Why are you scary? It's good to know that the elder's can be intimidted as well.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Prinsess, doesn't that elder know that without the slit in a skirt like that you have to walk like a geisha girl? So trivial and ridiculous.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

exjw b12, they are so picky about little stuff like that! ha ha

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I was called into the elder's room and counseled for having sideburns that were too long for JW standards. I was also removed from the "priviledge" of carrying the microphones and reading at Book Study because according to them, I was:

JW Elder says:

you are displaying a rebellious attitude and imitating the fashions of the world by having your sideburns to the bottom of your ear, and not the middle or top like everyone else.

I was also called into the back once and counseled by an elder for wearing a french blue dress shirt. I was told

this was too worldly and fashion-oriented and that I should not devote such time and effort into appearance and standing out as different, but should instead wear white dress shirts like everyone else so as to display a uniform standard with the other brothers and serve Jehovah whole-souled and with a pure heart.

Dubs are a bunch of crackpot psychos eh?

Telltale signs of a cult:

• Manipulative control in all aspects of life
    • Uniform appearance and dress code

Ironically, these things happened when we were studying The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived book, while the Dubs were patting themselves on the back and praising themselves for not being like the Pharisees and imposing man-made laws upon people as an unnecessary burden.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I had a back injury a few years ago. Could barely stand or walk, sitting still was not an option. I spend most of my time laying flat on my back, trying to recover. Got no well-wishes from the congregation. I missed a whole lot of meetings, and got called by elders inquiring about my lack of faith..... When I responded that I was in pain they said I should look at it from the positive side. WTF? What positive side? I could not walk, and they had the nerve to tell me to look at that positively? They responded I should keep the example of that sister that was on a heart and lung machine, could not move one inch, and pioneered by talking about god to the nurses and stuff. Bleh! When I did went to the meetings, and left when I could not bear the pain anymore, I got counseled for not appreciating jehovahs provisions. Strangely enough I still stayed in for a few more years.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

please everyone more stories, this only comfirms the decision I made 23 years ago.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, I was a Photo Journalist for over ten years. The Brothers went nuts when I would cover a political rally or something of the like. However, I would just state that I was a recorder of events, just like many bible writers.

One time, I took a group photo at a Thanksgiving charity event. The elders pulled me in and pointed to a lady in the group photo in the newspaper. "She was there at the event?" one Elder asked. I stated that if this person was in the photo, then there was a good chance that she was at this event (duh).

Come to find out, the lady was an inactive sister of many years and was promptly disfellowshipped for her involvement at the worldly Holiday.

Edited by - thichi on 23 January 2003 11:53:18

• blondie
    blondie

Icansaylucky,

blondie, are you male or female? Why are you scary? It's good to know that the elder's can be intimidted as well.

Welllllllll, I am not the most submissive female (yes I'm a woman) according to the elders. But I do it in a passive-aggressive way. I have helped many an elder dig a hole for himself verbally. But there have been appreciative and respectful elders in my 50 years in the WTS. For the others, I always use the Bible and the WTS own words to back them into a corner. I just know my Bible and I know what is written in the publications. The only time I hit a snag was with the "secret elders book." And even then I used reason and the scriptures to get them to admit it was not based on the Bible.

Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evi-
    dence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the
    accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex
    (or in the same house with a known
    homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

http://home2.inet.tele.dk/carloc/unit5b.htm

As if fornication cannot take place during the day!

In the end you can't win because the elders as a group are not interested in what God or the Bible says only what the WTS says.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit