Greetings from the Newbie

by Yerusalyim 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Greetings one and all, many of you will know me from Rick's board, for those of you who don't here's a bit about me. My association with the Society is through my wife. When we married she was an inactive memeber (she had disassociated herself over guilt from her divorce), after marrying me, she became active again and was reinstated. She has since become inactive, though not officially disassociating herself, I hope she doesn't officially do it as it would acknowledge the Society still has a hold on her. As of the Christmas time frame she told me she was considering converting to the Catholicism of her youth, which I currently practice, She reaffirmed this for me just before Easter. We have six children my three are Catholic, her three are JW (because of the Father). her 20 year old is pretty much just a Memorial and occasional Sunday Witness though he was baptized and a publisher; her 17 year old is a baptized publisher with SERIOUS disagreements with the society on blood, voting, shunning, and a few other issues, her 13 year old only attends meetings when he stays with his father, though I told him I would take him anytime he wants to go, and have taken him in the past. he's really not all that interested. My three go to church with me weekly, what their faith commitment is we'll see when they get older. One is 12, the other 11, and the youngest 6.
    I serve in the United States Army as a Chaplain's Assistant in a SPecial Forces unit. I'm very opinionated, but usually gentle in my posts. I LOVE FRED HALL, he's generally my favorite Poster. I think many in the society are very sincere, but I think the Society itself is self serving, disingenious and sincerely WRONG.

God Bless, see out there.

Yerusalyim (of the NeoPhyte class)

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Welcome Yerusalyim!

The one statement you made about you hoping your wife doesn't officially disassociate herself because it would acknowledge that the society still has a hold on her. That is an interesting thought and one I don't believe I have heard before. Can you elaborate?

• JT
    JT

welcome--- i do recall you and we are glad you are here

you life is indeed full of challenges, but you will be just find

hang in there there are alot of good folks up here

james

• nojw86
    nojw86

Hi Y , welcome to the board , I remember you too, hope your wife can meet some of great people I met on this board. regards nojw

• trevor
    trevor

Hello Yerusalyim,

Is that a name or a spelling test?
    Welcome - any friend of Fred is friend of mine. Are you as funny as him?
    I've hear of multi-religious cultures but multi-religious families, that sounds
    complicated. I hope it all works out.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi and Welcome Yeru!! Glad you made it!! hugs,Tina

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Greetings to you, Yerusalyim :)

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have had an interesting life, friend.
    I'm in your 'camp' re not giving the Borg the power to paste a label on you.

Note: Dear Flower,

I've never been DA's or DF'd...and prefer to keep it this way. Some feel differently, and want to make a clean break, so they submit a 'letter of disassocation' to their local congregation; which, as you know, is then read to the cong. The result is that you are then put in the same class as a DF'd individual. And, as a consequence, for the most part, all will shun you totally...per Society orders (Watchtower 9/81).

Frankly, I simply don't like giving them the power to label me in any fashion. But, also, by not being 'tagged' it allows me to keep some contact with family members...who may show a little more leniency...as long as you are not formally labeled.

I

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hiya Yeru, happy to have you aboard!

:) Essie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Flower,

I think that by submitting a formal Disassociation Letter my wife would be acknowledging or legitimizing the Borg. It would be tantamount to her submitting to a judicial committee hearing if they found out she was going to mass with me at my church. Submitting to a committee meeting would be saying, yes, you still have influence in my life, same same with the DA letter, sending a DA letter would be validating the rules of the BORG. I think the ultimate in breaking with the BORG is just walking away, not hiding, just walking away proudly.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Yeru,

I'm glad you made it too. Shall we tell Milky where we're all hiding? If I see ya in chat I'll, drop in and trade some insults.

cheers unc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit