My Grandmother just past away.

by WildHorses 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shakita
    Shakita

Shari:

You have our sincere condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

Don't feel guilty, life has a way of getting away from us and before you know it, it is over. We don't have any of our grandparents left and it sure does suck that they are taken away from us just at a time in life when we can appreciate all they have done for our family.

Take care.

Mr. and Mrs. Shakita

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Lilacs)))))

I am saddened to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathies to you.

Love,

Robyn

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Again, I wanted to thank you all for the kind words. My Mom decided to try and make the drive back today after she talked Laurie into going back with her to help with the long drive. She will be coming back when Mom and Dad come here again in Februrary. Wendy decided to stay. I guess I will just have my own little memorial here with my kids.

I'm beginning to wonder if life will ever get back to normal. My other dog, Trixie was pregnant and decided to go into labor in the middle of last night. I only allow her outside long enough to use the bathroom but I guess it doesn't take that long to get in a family way for a dog.

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, Trixies puppy was breached, and it would not come out. So I called the Vets office, and at first they said I had to have the money up front. I told them I didn't have enough to pay for it all up front but I would make payments. At first they said I had to apply for a credit line but I explained that my credit was not the best. So, they then asked if I could pay $35 today and leave a few blank checks for the payments. I said....YES!

So, I put Trixie in a clothes basket, and the kids wanted to go too, so I brought them.

Good news is, she is going to be all right, even though the puppy was born dead. It was way to big.

After it was all over, I thanked the Vet(He is the best! He only charged me $34 total for the visit) and I started balling again when I explained all the death I've experienced in less than 24 hours. He gave me a big hug and said he was sorry for my loss, but not to worry, Trixie would be just fine.

Anyway, I've set up an appointment for Trixie to be spayed on the 4th of March. I couldn't stand to lose her. She is one of my children.

Edited to add: I forgot to say that the funeral will be Wednesday.

Sorry about that. I copied part of this from an e-mail I had writtnen to my mom and forgot to take it out.

Edited by - Lilacs on 20 January 2003 15:39:26

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((((Lilacs)))))))

I am so sorry about your Grandma and the doggie

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Lilacs))))))

Your last few days have been like my whole last year (which was depressing enough)! I am so sorry for your losses.

(((((((((((((((Shari and family))))))))))))))))

Sincere condolences,

Brenda

• Gopher
    Gopher

Shari,

Sad things happen to some of the nicest people! My condolences on the passing of your grandmother. Thanks for sharing the news and pain with us, it is food for thought for those of us who need to take advantage of opportunities to keep up with our own elderly relatives.

((( hugs )))

• TheStar
    TheStar

(((((((((((((((Lilacs))))))))))))))))) So sorry to hear of your loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit