My Grandmother just past away.

by WildHorses 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I can't imagine what you are feeling

((((((Lilacs))))))

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Shari, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Just cry it out, honey - that's the best thing to do. She'll always live in your memory and your family's, which is special. I still remember my grandmother with great love and tell my children stories about her so they will know little bit about her too.

Love and hugs,

Nina

• siegswife
    siegswife

I'm sorry Lilacs!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thanks again you guys.

I've been on the phoen to family members most of the day. I also passed along lyrics to a song I hope they will play for Bama's funeral, since I will not be able to attend. Of all the songs i've listened to today, this one seems to say what I feel.

One sweet day: Maria Carey

Sorry I never told you
    All I wanted to say
    And now it's too late to hold you
    'Cause you've flown away
    So far away

Never had I imagined
    Living without your smile
    Feeling and knowing you hear me
    It keeps me alive
    Alive

And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven
    Like so many friends we've lost along the way
    And I know eventually we'll be together
    One sweet day

Darling, I never showed you
    Assumed you'd always be there
    I took your presence for granted
    But I always cared
    And I miss the love we shared

One sweet day

Although the sun will never shine the same
    I'll always look to a brighter day
    Lord I know when I lay me down to sleep
    You will always listen as I pray

One sweet day

One sweet day

Sorry I never told you
    All I wanted to say

Bama was my paternal grandmother. My sisters and I were the only ones who called her Bama. We called my grandfather.Papa. Funny, we never called my Mothers mom and dad by these names. We were always closer to Bama and Papa. Growing up, we spent each summer with them out at the farm, until they moved to town.

The memories I have will never die. That much I know for sure. They were ALL good ones.

Shari

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

((((Shari)))) I'm sorry sweetie. Remember her with joyfull memories. Don't feel guilty tho, you didn't know this was going to happen, how could you? And you planned on going to see her, so don't feel guilty about fate catching up on you seeing her again.

I had something similar with my grandpa. One day my mum was going to see him, and asked me if I would come as well. I declined, considering I had just been there, and so I stayed home. That evening he died, and I felt very guilty. But really, there is no need for that.

You kept good contact with your grnadma, and she knew you loved her, thats all that people need to know.

• Mackin
    Mackin

So sory to hear this Lilacs,

My deepest sympathies to you and yours.

Mackin.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

thankyou for sharing this (((shari)))

Funny how we often have better, more pleasent memories of our grand and great-grandparents than for our parents. Somehow the connection was deeper more serenely intense (more geneticaly primal?) I'll always treasure childhood memories of happy times spent with my great-grandfathers. I loved hearing thier old stories of how life was in various parts of the world over 100 years ago. I fondly remmember how fun it was for them to spend time with us. ... and that knowing twinkle the ol' boys had in thier eye when watching the antics of a fresh generation out to explore the world.

It seems to me the young and the old share some special place/s i can't at the moment touch.

warm hug unc.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Lilacs, I'm so sorry to hear about your unexpected loss of your grandmother - my sincerest condolences. I lost my father under similar circumstances. Bypass surgery that didn't take...he lasted only a couple of weeks... I know you must be in a state of shock. I'm glad you have a lot of wonderful memories to look back on and I pray that they will help sustain you during the 'temporary' time you are separated from her.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Thanks for the song by Mariah I love her voice, and I too gained comfort from her, when my sister died some years ago.

Sharri, I am listening to

One sweet day: by Maria Carey

as I type this, and will be thinking of you as I listen.

Although you will never forget the pain associated with your loss, it eases with time. it is true, time heals.

In 2 weeks time on the 5th anniversary of her departure, I will be visiting my sweet sister where in the ocean she rests in peace.

And as always, I will throw in the roses I grow in my garden especially for her.

Be strong sweet Sharri, take care

agape

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Shari,

Sorry to hear that you lost your Bama. Life is just to short, not to pay attention to your sound advice.

Hope you don't beat yourself up to much about not having been able to see her. Regrets are truly a waste of energy, and they can make you sick.

Bear hugs to you.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit