My Grandmother just past away.

by WildHorses 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LaMae Abigail Lackie Pieske

Following triple by-pass surgery, which she had three days ago. Her liver went into failure and other she suffered other complications. She passed away about an hour ago.

I hadn't seen her since I was eighteen, but we kept in touch through phone calls. I was supposed to go back this Spring to see her again but now that will never happen. My Bama is gone. I feel so guilty. I didn't think it would hurt so much because of the fact that I hadn't seen her for so long. I haven't stopped crying since I found out.

Look, if you guys have loved ones that you haven't gone to see for a long time, do it now. You may never get the chance if you wait.

I Will miss you and love you always Bama.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm so sorry to hear that! My deepest sympathies!

AlanF

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

((((Shari))))

So sorry about your grandma. My deepest and sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

Lew W

• gumby
    gumby

So sorry Lilacs,

I lost both of mine some time ago and miss them.

I'm taking your advise and calling my mom now!

Gumby

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

I am so sorry to hear it. ((((Shari)))) My condolences to you also.

I just e-mailed my oldest daughter.

Anita.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm really sorry Lilacs.

Was she a Witness? Are you going to the funeral?

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Shari,
    Your post just brought tears to my eyes! I remember losing my Grandma (age 94) in 1986. It still seems like yesterday. So Sorry for your loss.

NewLight2

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thank you all for your condolences. It really is appreciated.

BigTex, no she was not a witness. My oldest sister is going to fly up for the services but my sister Laurie, myself and my mother will not be there. Laurie and I can not afford the flight and my mother has her car here since she has been here since right before Christmas, and would not make the drive back to MN in time. So, my sister, mother and I will be getting together for a little memorial of our own in my grandmother honor.

Nikki has been taking it very bad. She has been spending the past two summers in MN and her and Bama bonded.

She also lost her dog (Bruiser) today. He was hit by a car, and had his neck broke. We had to put him down.

Shari

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good for you. Celebrating her life would be a wonderful tribute to her. It's a cliche, but I've found it to be true: "She's not really dead, so long as you remember."

Peace,

Chris

• Matty
    Matty

((((((Shari))))))

So sorry to hear about your grandma. You've made us all think about our loved ones who are getting on in years and not to put off going to see them while we still can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit