New Geoffrey Jackson statement on Royal Commission's webpage!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Viva la Vida 40 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have to admit, when I saw the comment about his signature in the OP, my first thought was, "That's kind of petty."

Then I looked at the signature, and I'll be damned, that is quite the odd signature for an adult male. It is really round and loopy like a young girl who is learning to write. One could easily imagine doodlings on the face of a spiral notebook in that script, with hearts and, "Mrs. Justin Bieber".

Seriously an odd signature. I apologize for my stupid immediate thought.

The signature doesn't matter of course. Just remarkably odd.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I have to admit, when I saw the comment about his signature in the OP, my first thought was, "That's kind of petty."

haha I had the same thought. Actually my exact thought was "here we go again - people focusing on the wrong thing and just confirming JW's views of us apostates." Then I saw it and now agree that it's definitely odd and seems worth the mention.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Rebel8, I had almost exactly the same reaction and thoughts that you describe.

Yes. An odd signature. It looks like my daughter's signature when she was in grade three. Complete with the funny little "signature" oddity - the wierd way of connecting the intials and making an odd "J". Adding just a little bit of embellishment - trying to personalize the letters. Exactly like a developing child would do - at an early age.

Men of education don't have time to produce a signature like that - they have done a lot of real writing in their careers. They have learned to drop off shapes of letters or even sign with a scribble. They are less self absorbed and don't bother with meticulously forming the letters like Jackson did.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Conveniently omitting the OT passages that mention female judges like Deborah...

Very important point.

Also with the discussion on Deuteronomy 22, typical Watchtower reasoning. This reasoning follows normal Watchtower process of introducing doctrine with a "clearly, no doubt, we will assume, a true christian would realise ...." They basically say let us assume the two witness rule was to be followed, such as he confessed.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

[ My Book of Bible Stories ]

Jehovah answers them by giving brave leaders to help them.

The Bible calls these leaders judges. Joshua was the first judge, and some of the judges after him were named Othʹni·el, Eʹhud and Shamgar. But two of the people who help Israel are women named Deborah and Jael

Deborah is a prophetess. Jehovah gives her information about the future, and then she tells the people what Jehovah says.

Deborah is also a judge. She sits under a certain palm tree in the hill country, and people come to her to get help with their problems.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101978104?q=deborah+judge&p=par

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    juanvazquez882 days agoOcupation: minister??? It shoud say: Ocupation: 1/7 of FDS???

Perhaps he should have signed it - Occupation G.O.D.

The whole thing is beyond nauseating. He put his holy signature to endorse his lies. His holiness watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko knows he was lying..........and I thought god cannot lie?!?! Shows how wrong I was ay?!

• getanewplanstan
    getanewplanstan
    If he is a "born in", he is like many of you, having learned in very early childhood that he had to live a fake life or IN ACTUAL FACT, LOSE HIS PARENTS! Here he is at old age, still living his life everyday with that very real PRIMAL FEAR just underneath, carefully living a life that is not the real him, BECAUSE IN ACTUAL FACT HE WILL LOSE HIS PARENTS if he does not! For all that have had this experience, you have my utmost sympathy and forgiveness.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Is it possible he has a low literacy level?

Again, apologies--this is not the main purpose of the thread. It just has me curious.

If that's it, it might be pertinent. He leads a multi-billion dollar international publishing corporation.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I don't know why they spent so much time elaborating on the Mosaic law... they could have said: Hey were Christians and Jesus said two or three witnesses himself in Matthew 18:16!

I'm not saying that I agree with this, but this is the answer I was expecting from him or his goons and, to my surprise, no one gave it!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    This is Jehovah's way thru his holy spirit so....screw your kid's you all lack faith. I mean look at the "generations" teaching, clearly from Jehovah's super brain. Who else gets such pearls of wisdom? Maybe Mormons and Scientologists but no one else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit