Elders want letter from my daughter!

by reubenfine 44 Replies latest jw friends

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Trauma_Hound,

Let go of the bitterness. It will kill you in the end! It's not worth it. Let it go.

"What does having been babtised have to do with being a JW?"

It means the elders have no "authority" over you, since you never willingly "joined" their cult by being baptzed. You may have been under your parents authority when you were a child to "act like a JW", but once you left your parents home, the WT could hold no authority over you. Over your parents, yes. Over YOU, no.

NewLight2

• ugg
    ugg

i would just ignore the whole situation....give no satisfaction.....

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    It means the elders have no "authority" over you, since you never willingly "joined" their cult by being baptzed. You may have been under your parents authority when you were a child to "act like a JW", but once you left your parents home, the WT could hold no authority over you. Over your parents, yes. Over YOU, no.

And that has to do with being babtized how? There have been plenty of people babtized before the age of 18. A babtized or unbabtized ex-jw, is still an ex-jw, there really is not distinction. I'm sure you can ask alot of the older folks here, babtizing's were pretty common, early on, at young ages. Your argument has no bases in fact. You basically said that someone that wasn't babtized was never a JW, and that is simply untrue.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Roddy,

You said,

Of course, your house might be watched for a while. If any male non relative is observed staying over for more than 15 minutes, the perverts will assume you've had sex with him.
    That would be quite cool, the stalking laws in most states are pretty good these days.
  • Mary
    Mary

Dear Brothers:

I am responding to your request that I acknowledge living in sin so that my ex-husband can get re-married in the Kingdom Hall. I haven't had sex with anyone since some elders in my old Hall seduced me in the Second School 7 years ago after the Ministry School. Not sure if that qualifies or not.

(grin)

Edited by - Mary on 14 January 2003 18:28:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit