Elders want letter from my daughter!

by reubenfine 44 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    put finger on nose - give nose a little pull in the upward direction - then turn head in opposit direction

I tried that, and I got boogers all over my finger.

Do you think I did it wrong?

• Scully
    Scully

She is not baptized, so is not under their so-called jurisdiction. She owes them nothing.

Whatever happened before her ex-husband got baptized is none of the elders' business. However, they are likely putting pressure on HIM - and might not allow him and his fiancee to get married in the KH if they do not feel he has scriptural grounds for divorce.

Still, her life is NONE of their business. And why should she give a damn if her now JW ex wants to get married in a KH and THEY won't let him? TO HELL WITH THEM ALL!!

A lawyer's letter cautioning them about religious harassment (perhaps even sexual harassment, since they are making inquiries about her sexuality) should do the trick. Threaten to take individual elders to court rather than the congregation or the WTS if they EVER make uninvited contact with her again. They will back off in a hurry, and the WTS will leave them hanging out to dry if they continue harassing her.

Love, Scully

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dear Elder Pervs,

Since my relationship with my ex husband I have led an entirely celibate lifestyle, not that it's any of your business. Why, are you interested in dating me too?

Sincerely,

Me

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Good stuff. I should say that I drifted away about 7 years ago. She's in another State, California, (I'm in Arizona as is her ex), and in a gated community, so I guess she could let them in if they came over but act like she doesn't know what it's about, then call the cops. That would be a good one!

Her ex is a nice kid and they are on good terms, so that might have a bearing on what she does.

• reporter
    reporter

By holding out on the letter, it will frustrate the attempts at the dub-ex to get married at the hall, because of the WTS decree of "Scriptural" divorce. This term is a farce, of course, because it's based on a judicial committee judgement, rather than any scriptural evidence or decrees. Place it under file "BP" for so-called "Bible Principles" that they always harp about.

By doing (or, in this case, not doing) this, maybe they will marry outside the hall, snub the elders, leave the troof and come to their senses on these Pharisaical legalistic reasonings.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Scully's idea is very good. But i like the police at the door better... 1 you have them in the act of harassment at your door with the police there and all the talk about sex will piss off the cops.. a little crying wouldn't hurt. now the elder will have to talk their way out if this in front of a upset householder. SO IN fact they look like shit working over a little women ... 2 she does not have to spend time, money etc. for a lawyer, let the law work for her ... the cops will straighten out the elders fast... now their power is GONE!!!!!!!!! GOODBYE

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Good idea, Johnny. She's pretty pissed about it so she just might do something like that!

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

A similar situation happened to someone I know. the elders wanted a former jw to say that her exhusband was free to remarry. She refused for some time. The elders forbade the exhusband jw to date a jw sister till he was free to remarry. This went on for a couple of years before the elders gave the go ahead for them to remarry. It was so funny though because the jw sister who wanted to marry the exhusband jw said "Isnt it wonderful how Jehovah teaches us patience and to wait on him".

Give me a break!

I was told the elders even staked out the exjw womans house and had seen a man coming out the house in the morning. Apparently this wasn't good enough though because the woman had her kids in the house too and so there was a shaperone of sorts and they didn't know for positive there was anything going on. The exjw woman stuck to her guns and wouldnt say he was free. I dont know why in the end they were given the green light to marry but it took like 2 to 3 years.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I like the cop idea too. Send a form of my letter, but send it through the attorney, along with a notice that if they contact her again, she'll call the cops, send it certified.

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

A similar situation happened to someone I know. the elders wanted a former jw to say that her exhusband was free to remarry. She refused for some time. The elders forbade the exhusband jw to date a jw sister till he was free to remarry. This went on for a couple of years before the elders gave the go ahead for them to remarry. It was so funny though because the jw sister who wanted to marry the exhusband jw said "Isnt it wonderful how Jehovah teaches us patience and to wait on him".

Give me a break!

I was told the elders even staked out the exjw womans house and had seen a man coming out the house in the morning. Apparently this wasn't good enough though because the woman had her kids in the house too and so there was a shaperone of sorts and they didn't know for positive there was anything going on. The exjw woman stuck to her guns and wouldnt say he was free. I dont know why in the end they were given the green light to marry but it took like 2 to 3 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit