Elders want letter from my daughter!

by reubenfine 44 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

I recommend she give them two letters...

an F and a U!!!!!

Edited by - detective on 13 January 2003 23:44:54

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is exactly what Bigred said to do.

I recommend she give them two letters... an F and a U!!!!!
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

STOP THE INSANITY!

For pete's sake, she IS NOT A JW! She doesn't not have to answer to THEM! Why play their game?

I do understand the burden of proof is on her X hubbie, the now dubbie period! He is now a JW, his life to the B'org began AFTER he got dipped! What went on before is NONE OF THIER BUSINESS!

Katie (stepping off my soap-box.......)

PS I wouldn't answer them in any way shape or form, shun them the bastards!

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I know this has been said before, but I can't stress enough the fact that neither were baptised JWs when they were married and therefore what happened or has happened since is none of the elders' business. Even if the the X is now a baptized JW, that was taken care of when he got baptized and the slate is clean. If he decided to tell anyone anything it is his business. But I would under no circumstances give in to this crap. This is illegal and it is sexual harrassment and you would think the elders' would have been more careful in light of the sexual scandals being publicized right now. In fact if it were me, I would probably write a letter telling them just how much none of their business it is and then have it published in the local newspaper! Then I would see an attorney. This is so illegal and just flat out stupid! What do they do search out every x spouse and have them sign an affidavit of their current sexual activity? Why do they think they can bully your daughter around? Is she any different from anyone who is not and never has been a baptized JW? I think someone needs to let other people know this is how the JWs view others.

Ravyn

• Roddy
    Roddy

>> Since my relationship with my ex husband I have led an entirely celibate lifestyle, not that it's any of your business. <<

Yep! That will mess up their plans real good!!! Perfect!!! LOLLLLLLLLL

Of course, your house might be watched for a while. If any male non relative is observed staying over for more than 15 minutes, the perverts will assume you've had sex with him.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

all these x jw's don't seem to see the deal .......let the wt zombies take a walk and drop dead.... call the police .....screw these elders, when the police come the holy sprit willnot be with them... too many here KISS THE asses of the elders.....who are they ??????? they are sh=t.......i see alot of people here with no nerve..... sorry to say that.... give any of these jw foolsj my phone # 917371 0332 i,ll play with them........ john

• Francois
    Francois

What utter arrogance.

They would, and should, wait until hell freezes over for any such letter from me.

What insufferable ARROGANCE.

I might send them a post card and tell them to go to hell. But that would be the end of it.

francois

P.S. But I like Roddy's suggestion, too. It has much merit. So lateral in it conceptualization. So unexpected in its message. So destructive of certain plans. And so undermining of the JW attitude that if you're not one of them you're steeped deeply in sin. It could state that she has "lived a celibate life up to and including not engaging in any pedophilia, which she realizes is now a certified JW pastime." Hehehehe.

Edited by - francois on 14 January 2003 1:24:51

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Reuben,

As Mackin has pointed out, the elders would have their own agenda in this. A baptised Dub wishing to re-marry has to satisfy the elders that he/she is "scripturally free" to remarry.

This presents a problem if the former partner is uncooperative or has not engaged in a sexual relationship after marriage with a new partner. From my own first-hand knowledge of advising persons on this in the past, it can be very problematic.

Here in Australia, the Branch Office (the equivalent of the Home Office in the USA) have, by way of the Service Department, been quite rigid in enforcing this. Thus, it would have to be established by the mouth of two or more witnesses that sexual activity had taken place, or the former partner provide a written statement to that effect.

This is where your experience comes into the picture.

What would I do? I'm not you, but my advice is to do nothing. It's their problem not yours. There is no obligation on your part whatsoever and it would be a disadvantage to your own independent position to acknowledge to them that they have any authority over you.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Screw em, don't even give them the time of day.

Newlight spewed:

she was never a JW as she was never baptized.
    What does having been babtised have to do with being a JW? I was born into the crap, and never was babtised, but I had to do everything else, everyone else did, so I was a JW by force at some point. You sound like an elitist.
  • reubenfine
    reubenfine

Thanks again for all the input. I see no need to help them (dubs) out of their own dilema. This whole situation is such a farce and so typical of their cult mentality. And to think I bought into this crap for the better part of 40 years! I remember how it galled me so much for my younger daughter to have to be "approved" to be a publisher. Since when do men need to approve a person to preach the word?? I didn't even want to go thru with it by my wife did. I felt like vomiting in the little back room when the elder met with us and my young daughter, maybe 10 years old. Well, that's off the subject but just another instance of cult mentallity.

At least it's a nice "witness" to her fiance who she lives with now, a really great guy who I'll be proud to have as a son-in-law. The whole thing is funny but sickening at the same time. At least they have no power over us now so the laugh is on them.

TV sitcom of the JW dating game? Hilarious!

Edited by - reubenfine on 14 January 2003 2:59:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit