Go on welfare!

by life is to short 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

millie210: One of the highly touted elders locally is receiving money for a fake disability and yes he is front and center at all quick builds

Until reading here I didnt know it was so wide spread.

Doc: I know of several JWs who draw SS Disability, but they are well enough to pioneer and work on QuickBuilds etc

I, too know of several. Just last week I videotaped one in a building materials store parking lot loading many 80lb bags of concrete into his vehicle. He's a moocher who finally got on disability after trying for a long time.

Another finally got on it after also trying a long time. He worked full-time on a big construction job I was own. The contractor called me and complained that the JW wanted his checks made out to his daughter. The contractor and I both knew the JW well, and we knew exactly what he was up to; he wanted to hide his income so he could stay on disability.

I don't understand how JWs can be on disability and pioneer. If they can pioneer, can't they do some kind of work? I know a bunch of JWs who work at call centers. They answer phones all day. Can't those on disability do that? I KNOW that the JW I saw loading the concrete could do that. He's very intelligent and articulate.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

SS disability is very hard to get permanent. Back injury is a thing of the past, I knew

a few people who tried it. They do check to see if you really have a back injury.

I know of a guy who kept passing out on the job, he was 55 years old. He went in to

see if he could get SS disability and was awarded early retirement, 100% of his SS.

His problem, extreme anxiety disorder. So he had a mental disorder. He couldn't be

retrain for any type of job. Maybe that is what JW's are using.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I know of several JW that have abused the system in the USA and many non-JW. It isn't that difficult to gain the system. However the lifestyle welfare provides isn't something that I would want.

There are plenty of folks though that don't mind collecting. A non-married couple with four children can get about $20,000 in cash and another $20,000 in other entitlements legally. I did taxes for a few semester for the IRS and my university as an outreach program and saw it first hand. They will need to have part-time jobs earning some money to accomplish it. Heck, now with the internet it is so easy to apply for benefits. The are lots of federal, state, and local programs that people are unaware of.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Has anyone sent photos or videos of these scammers to the authorities? A few cases of welfare and social security fraud might be interesting publicity for this pseudo-Christian cult.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Even if they don't go straight on the government dole, one elder was telling me how he doesn't have to pay anything under the new Affordable Care Act for insurance because he works less and less so that he can go out in service more. Of course, while his premiums go down, those of us who work our tails off have to pay more to care for those like them who aren't healthy and aren't spending time contributing into the system. I know of others that are on various welfare programs because they want to do more for Jehovah. We had a pioneer couple on the circuit assembly program years ago that were living in government housing and on welfare. My wife and I couldn't believe what we were hearing. If nothing else, when they are pushed their whole lives to abstain from overtime and limit their earning they aren't putting much into the system. Not that everyone should work themselves to death just to pay into a system, but many do as little as possible to provide for themselves materially and then later need assistance because of poor planning. I wish I'd have done things differently myself. The only good thing is that I've still got years to earn and save for retirement, though I'm considerably behind. I hate the mentality that they instill in their followers.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

When I was 20 I was trying to figure out a way to pioneer. Our circuit overseer advised me to apply for unemployment. I had worked for 2 years previously and had a year of benefits possible. That was 1972. Being naive and wet behind the ears I took his okie dokie as license to get unemployment benefits. However I did have to verify every two weeks that I was ready, willing and able to work, which I wasn't. Ready and willing that is. So I pioneered for the year on the government dole. My Did was not 'in the truth' and told me it was wrong but the force of the Organization, 'strong it was'.

Oh yes, the circuit overseer, twenty years later, ran off with a woman with 3 kids. So much for listening to Circuit Overseers.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    cultBgone, I've considered it and still am considering it.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I know of several JWs who draw SS Disability, but they are well enough to pioneer and work on QuickBuilds etc

Don’t Ignore Fraud. Speak Up.

Do you suspect someone of committing fraud against Social Security? The SSA OIG Fraud Hotline takes reports of alleged fraud, waste, and abuse.

Reporting is easy, safe, and secure. You can reach us online, or by phone, mail, or fax.

SUBMIT A REPORT ONLINE

U.S. Mail: Social Security Fraud Hotline
    P.O. Box 17785
    Baltimore, Maryland 21235

FAX: 410-597-0118

Telephone: 1-800-269-0271 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

TTY: 1-866-501-2101 for the deaf or hard of hearing.

Note: If you cannot reach a representative on the Fraud Hotline between 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, you can report Social Security program fraud directly to any Social Security office, including representatives at the SSA’s toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. SSA employees will take your information and send it directly to our office.

• possum
    possum
    Unfortunately some of the persons I know on disability are survivors of the WT Institutional Child Abuse failures. Denied support and counseling they have been psychologically damaged to the point they are unable to function normally in society (or anywhere really). But!!!!! as the cult likes to say "nothing the new system wont fix!" so what if Satans system picks up the bill for now it all belongs to Jah anyway!!! Sick cult reasoning....
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A while back a sister that was a friend of my mother moved away to Virginia and was a pioneer. When she came to visit she said she was still pioneering but was receiving disability. That always stayed on my mind that she was collecting because she couldn't work but could still knock on doors. So I actually called in VA the appropriate dept that takes care of fraudulent people who claim and gave them her name and address. They did look her up but found at that time she was not collecting anymore, just my part in "keeping the Organization clean"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit